What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Official iOS 4.2 Update by November 8th?

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No, that's not what it means at all! This has nothing to do with the release date of iOS 4.2! November 7th is the day on which we "fall back" 1 hour for daylight savings.

I have an older alarm clock that has a chip in it that automatically changes the time to and from daylight savings. The problem is that our US Congress, in their infinite wisdom, changed the beginning and end dates for daylight savings. What this means is that twice a year, my alarm clock is wrong!

Last Sunday, I woke up and my alarm clock showed just after 7:00am, but all the other clocks, including the atomic clock in the "man cave" showed the time as being just after 8:00!

Last edited:

Tinman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yea to me that article jumped to the wrong conclusion. It says you have to do your recurring appts/alarms on only a daily basis before Nov 7, but that after that date you can set them normally again. I take that to mean that it will be fine after the clocks go back. Surely they can't assume everyone would update instantly. Nor do they even mention you have to update.

'Course I'm not even affected: we don't observe DST here in Arizona.

Oh, and this of course doesn't mean the update WON'T appear next Sunday. I mean it is still a week after the GM release so it is right about when it usually happens. But I would think more like Tuesday or Wednesday; not a Sunday. Not to mention the fact that Sunday is too late.... the clocks go back at 2AM on Sunday.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts