What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

IOS 4.2 GM & Daylight Savings

donka

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Did anyone running the 4.2GM on their device notice if they were impacted by the Daylight savings bug with recurring alarms?
Apple have said this will be fixed in 4.2 so I figured if anyone running 4.2 GM had this issue then the official release will be different from the GM.

Tinman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My time is correct on my 4.2 GM iPad. But of course I am in Arizona and we don't even observe Daylight Savings Time. :D

danhcross

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tinman said:
My time is correct on my 4.2 GM iPad. But of course I am in Arizona and we don't even observe Daylight Savings Time. :D

My IPAD is showing 10:00 AM on the automatic setting. I am in Central Time Zone, so that's a problem. I tried switching to 3G, and then rebooting the machine, just to see what happens, but that didn't work. Looks like I will have to adjust in manual mode.

volcanopele

iPF Noob
Reaction score
LOL, I just noticed that. I am in Arizona where we don't believe in Daylight Savings Time, but my iPad2 thinks we do (I hadn't noticed that the setting changed when I switched to the 3G version). Not too much of a problem, but I had my alarm set for 9am so it woke me up an hour ago, at what was actually 8am. I am dumbfounded that it took me this long to notice.

But I could have sworn it was too early for 9am when I got up. I was still quite tired... Oh well, not as bad as if were fall and I need to be some where in the morning and it woke me up an hour late.

Tinman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This morning my iPhone 4, running 4.2.1, jumped an hour ahead. We don't even observe DST so I think it was an at&t thing. Turned off auto mode, then back on, and it corrected itself. Weird.

Most reactions

Latest posts