What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is iOS 4.2 Coming Soon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maura

iPadForums News Team
Reaction score

MacStories is reporting that they’ve heard from a source at AT&T that Apple will be releasing iOS 4.2 for iPad, iPhone and iPod touch, this Friday, November 12, at 10AM PST. MacStories has also learned that updates to iTunes and Mac OS X will be released tomorrow, Wednesday, November 10.

MacStories adds that although many were expecting iOS 4.2 to be released today, it was actually supposed to be released last Tuesday, but the release had to be delayed when a bug was found at the eleventh hour that prevented the iPad from correctly displaying Japanese characters.

So, it looks like iOS 4.2 is almost here, with over 100 new features on the way, including Multitasking, Folders, Game Center, and AirPrint and AirPlay, which enable you to wirelessly print, as well as stream music and video to your device. Watch this space!

Source: MacStories

NumbLock

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I hope so!

On the other hand, do we really believe that Apple informs AT&T? Its not like there are OTA updates. I think when AT&T visits Apple, they have to make sure to bring correct change to buy their own coffee in the cantina vending machine while waiting for their visitor badge.

wnaylor

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have been reading that the IOS 4.2 release might be pushed back due to Wi-Fi issues. I have the IOS 4.2 GM for about the last 3 weeks and I don't have any Wi-Fi issues. I can also print to shared printers because I have the Mac OS 10.6.5 beta insalled. I don't have any printing issues either. The rumors of issues surrounding shared printers must have to do with patents and not anything else. I don't intend to update to the just released Mac 10.6.5.

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
OK, well I'm sick of waiting...today was the day...I'm installing the 4.2 GM

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Welcome to the Dark Side my son!

823a76kj.jpg

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Welcome to the Dark Side my son!

823a76kj.jpg

Well this is getting ridiculous! The only reason I wasnt using the beta was because Netflix wasn't working, but I feel like this is close enough to final that everything should be working...and a lot of devs have been releasing 4.2 updates to apps. Got a bunch of updates in the app store yesterday.

Doing the extremely long process of restoring to remove jailbreak before updating...........ugh!

Last edited:

DaveSt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Out of curiosity, why are you removing the jailbreak before updating?

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Out of curiosity, why are you removing the jailbreak before updating?

Because I tried to just update and it locked my iPad in restore mode for 15 mins....once I disconnected it I had to restore...therefore you can't retain jailbreak while updating to 4.2

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well looks like all my needed apps work just fine on GM! YAY!

And Airprint works with the HP Envy 100 Wifi printer.....SUPER COOL!

Last edited:

jordexj

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Do any of you find yourself obsessing over the 4.2 update that supposed to be TODAY? I remember telling my girlfriend about it all week... yesterday I had the natural increase of endorphins, as I knew one more day before the release came out... it was almost like Christmas morning when you were nine years old and you made sure Santa was clear that you wanted the Death Star Lego set... but unfortunately Christmas has been delayed... :(

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Do any of you find yourself obsessing over the 4.2 update that supposed to be TODAY? I remember telling my girlfriend about it all week... yesterday I had the natural increase of endorphins, as I knew one more day before the release came out... it was almost like Christmas morning when you were nine years old and you made sure Santa was clear that you wanted the Death Star Lego set... but unfortunately Christmas has been delayed... :(

That was my feelings too.....thats why I said screw it and installed the GM....seems like it works just fine so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts