What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New around here, I have a question about the iPad Mini

Adi123

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey there, new around here.
I don't know if that's the right place to ask questions but i'm going to ask it anyways :D
I'm planning on buying the ipad mini 1 white 16,wifi. and I'm not sure if its worth waiting for the ipad mini 2, cause its going to be in stores like in half a year.
Is the ipad mini 1 worth buying ? is it good enough ? :)

thanks ! :thumbs:

Samana

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey there, new around here.
I don't know if that's the right place to ask questions but i'm going to ask it anyways :D
I'm planning on buying the ipad mini 1 white 16,wifi. and I'm not sure if its worth waiting for the ipad mini 2, cause its going to be in stores like in half a year.
Is the ipad mini 1 worth buying ? is it good enough ? :)

thanks ! :thumbs:

Yep. Very well worth buying. Yes, you posted your question in the right place. Haven't seen iPad Mini 2, but I assume that is worth buying as well. If it's a 2, it's gotta be better than a 1.

OP
A

Adi123

iPF Noob
Reaction score
thnx for the quick answer, any other opinions? :eek:

OP
A

Adi123

iPF Noob
Reaction score
thanks y'all ! what would you say is a "cheaper" price for this version ? and won't the iPad mini 2 would be far more expensive ?

jjames2484

iPF Noob
Reaction score
In my opinion, don't wait for the ipad mini2. The next release(oct. 2013) is only going to be a thinner more expensive version of what is currently on the market. The "real" ipad mini 2 with retina display isn't scheduled to be out until early 2014. A good price for a 16gb wifi used is $250-275, new around $300.

Moderator edit...removed external links! Please read the forum rules.

Last edited by a moderator:

teachdydx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was going to wait, too. I kept reading the website about when retina would be ready and i gave up and bought mine last Friday. I love it and this forum answered so many questions I had as a newbie. I bought the 32 in white with Sprint who is giving $100 off the price with a two year contract. If you are Sprint, then it is $15 for 1 gig per month. My husband has a Asus and his biggest complaint is he cannot connect unless there is wifi, said he would never buy another tablet without.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you're tired of waiting, one possibility is buying a refurbed one directly from Apple. Depending on which model you buy, you can save about 100 bucks. That way, you can buy and enjoy now, and if you sell and upgrade later, you won't lose as much money as if you bought at full retail price now. The Apple refurbs are checked out before they're sold, and they come with a full year's warranty, as if sold new.

MoonlitSonata

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I bought mine in March, for my birthday, and I love it! I even wound up passing my iPad 4 from Christmas down to my Dad in favor of the mini. I say don't wait.

Most reactions