What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Thinking About Getting An iPad Mini

MoonlitSonata

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I bought an ipad mini at the same time as my friend. Beware of it's inability to connect to wifi!!! I have a mobile phone with a built in wifi modem. I tried an ipad 2 and it connected no problem. My laptops connect no problem. The ipad mini will not connect and as such ia rendered nearly useless! If you try to connect to wif such as in a well known burger chain or similar. it will not happen!!! My friend has the same problem with his. Beware!!

I have not had this issue with either ipad mini I've owned. I would look at getting replacements.

Ipad Now

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I bought an ipad mini at the same time as my friend. Beware of it's inability to connect to wifi!!! I have a mobile phone with a built in wifi modem. I tried an ipad 2 and it connected no problem. My laptops connect no problem. The ipad mini will not connect and as such ia rendered nearly useless! If you try to connect to wif such as in a well known burger chain or similar. it will not happen!!! My friend has the same problem with his. Beware!!

Me either. Connects wherever I go with ease.

anilnc

iPF Noob
Reaction score

I am using my ipad mini since 6 months and never got problem connecting WiFi ever since first day till today. In fact my android phone gets this connection issues.

rjkgr

iPF Noob
Reaction score
do it! i won mine out of a game and its better than buying a laptop and its smaller than the ipad its just really convenient

nibaru

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have always thought that apple products were marvellous. I was quite thrilled and proud to buy the ipad mini. At last I had one of my own. My best friend has always used apple and he swears by them. That is good enough for me. I don't have a problem connecting at home. I will find the time to go into the apple store and confront them. I have always found them very helpfull. I had the problem and I google mini ipad wifi connection problems. You have to admit, there are quite a few posts?! I'm not that apple literate. I do not find it that easy to follow the directions in the posts and I did not expect to have to with an Apple product! I will take it into store and I thank you for the suggestion. It was expensive and it is laying unused as a result of the problem. I was actually digging out my unused since purchase samsung tab 2, in desperation to try to at least get the job done. I am more android illiterate than apple!!. I almost find it unbelievable what you say about no problems. I sincerely hop that it can be fixed by taking it into store and I do believe that the service will be good. I don't doubt that.

Thanks

anilnc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have always thought that apple products were marvellous. I was quite thrilled and proud to buy the ipad mini. At last I had one of my own. My best friend has always used apple and he swears by them. That is good enough for me. I don't have a problem connecting at home. I will find the time to go into the apple store and confront them. I have always found them very helpfull. I had the problem and I google mini ipad wifi connection problems. You have to admit, there are quite a few posts?! I'm not that apple literate. I do not find it that easy to follow the directions in the posts and I did not expect to have to with an Apple product! I will take it into store and I thank you for the suggestion. It was expensive and it is laying unused as a result of the problem. I was actually digging out my unused since purchase samsung tab 2, in desperation to try to at least get the job done. I am more android illiterate than apple!!. I almost find it unbelievable what you say about no problems. I sincerely hop that it can be fixed by taking it into store and I do believe that the service will be good. I don't doubt that.

Thanks

Did you try resetting your iPad mini?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings is also a good thing to try before going to the Apple Store. It's something they are going to try anyway.

michali

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Mine has no problem at all connecting to wifi. I love it. Even though I should really gave got the 32gb I went with the 16gb and find it quite manageable. I have a 64 gb ipad 2 and use that for storing films. I only keep current music on my devices anyway and the rest in my backed up iTunes library. Photos are what are up most of my space as I use photo stream on all my devices.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

TwinsisterWendy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've never encountered any issues connecting to any wifi with mine... you sure this is not a defect in yours?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

rudeman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had a regular iPad but made the switch to mini. The mini is just better. I tried going back to the regular iPad but I felt it was too heavy. It felt like a dinosaur. Glad I made the switch. And that one guy is right I would wait for the new iPad which will probably be announced in October. Go mini!

ronan.scg

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's not an issue with your device. It's with the router. I had the same problem with my mini. My other devices were connecting to the WiFi fine but not the Ipad. But it worked fine at my friends place which had a dlink router. As far as I found out, the older routers or new ones using some old protocols have trouble with Ipad. First try updating the firmware of the router. If that doesn't work, buy a dlink.

FYI in India the beetel routers have trouble with Ipad even if u update firmware. So don't buy beetel if it's available

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4

Most reactions