What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A few question to iPad Mini users.

Ser Aphim

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I am planning on buying an iPad Mini with Retina Display. I heard about color gamut problems, that kinda made me nit want to buy it a little.

But I have a few questions.

1. How many typing mistakes have you done when typing in it. Is it cramped to type?

2. Are apps also being optimized for the iPad Mini?

3. How long does its battery last?

4. How many times does it crash? In what apps?

Contra

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.offroadjunkies.net
I have the non-retina mini and I have had only one app crash so far, it is an app made for the iPhone that I downloaded...it crashes after about 2 min of use, but all the other apps work well

OP
Ser Aphim

Ser Aphim

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have the non-retina mini and I have had only one app crash so far, it is an app made for the iPhone that I downloaded...it crashes after about 2 min of use, but all the other apps work well

What about typing? Are you having trouble typing in it? What about battery life?

ardchoille

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I am planning on buying an iPad Mini with Retina Display. I heard about color gamut problems, that kinda made me nit want to buy it a little.

But I have a few questions.

1. How many typing mistakes have you done when typing in it. Is it cramped to type?

2. Are apps also being optimized for the iPad Mini?

3. How long does its battery last?

4. How many times does it crash? In what apps?

1. In my opinion typing on the iPad mini is more comfortable than typing on the iPad 4

4. I've never had any apps crash since using iOS. Check my sig to see which devices I own.

OP
Ser Aphim

Ser Aphim

iPF Novice
Reaction score
1. In my opinion typing on the iPad mini is more comfortable than typing on the iPad 4

4. I've never had any apps crash since using iOS. Check my sig to see which devices I own.

What about battery lofe? How many hours does it last? Maybe 10-12 hours is ok for me.

OP
Ser Aphim

Ser Aphim

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Is the color gamut of the iPad Mini better than that of the retina version?

ardchoille

iPF Novice
Reaction score
What about battery lofe? How many hours does it last? Maybe 10-12 hours is ok for me.

Well, these batteries get better over time. My iPad mini lasts near 20 hours, and that's with moderate use. I've bought it about 8 months ago.

OP
Ser Aphim

Ser Aphim

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Well, these batteries get better over time. My iPad mini lasts near 20 hours, and that's with moderate use. I've bought it about 8 months ago.

Hmm. Well I guess thats good for me. I use my iPad for 12-15 hours. With casual and internet surfing. Sometimes reading ebooks and listening to iTunes Radio. How many hours do you think it will last?

Also what about the color gamut of the iPad Mini 1? Is it better than 2?

ardchoille

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hmm. Well I guess thats good for me. I use my iPad for 12-15 hours. With casual and internet surfing. Sometimes reading ebooks and listening to iTunes Radio. How many hours do you think it will last?

Also what about the color gamut of the iPad Mini 1? Is it better than 2?

From what I've seen, the screen is the big battery hog. Set the back light to a lower setting, that will help. Remember, these batteries get better over time so I don't think 20+ hours is unlrealistic.

OP
Ser Aphim

Ser Aphim

iPF Novice
Reaction score
From what I've seen, the screen is the big battery hog. Set the back light to a lower setting, that will help. Remember, these batteries get better over time so I don't think 20+ hours is unlrealistic.

Ah, ok.

What about the color gamut? Is it better than those of the Retina one?

Most reactions