What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My iPad2 just crashed?

stooney

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was just playing around with a video-app, when suddendly it got stuck (the app).

So I thought I just reboot it.

Turned it off and on again after a couple of seconds.
Ever since then (~30 mins now !!!) I have just the black screen and the spinning circle before the Apple-logo usually appears.

Is this normal, taking so long to boot after what I think was a crash?
Should I just wait for as long as it takes (will it boot?) or should I somehow turn it off again or what ??

Anybody had this before?

Thanks
stooney

Edit: Nothing happened and I was getting nervous. I googled a "Reset" by holding the Home-Button and the Off-Button together for 10 Seconds. I did that, the screen went black, the Apple appeared and a couple of seconds later it looks like everything is well again.

Still I'd be interested if this is a "normal" thing?

Last edited:

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Try this:

Hold the power button and the home button down together, until you see the Apple logo. Could take a few seconds.

Then let it reboot! Let us know how that worked for you!

OP
S

stooney

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Poison, I already did that and it helped, please read my edit above.

Thanks

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Well, sometimes an app will crash. It's nothing to be too worried about. If the iPad becomes unresponsive and stuck with the "spinner" as you described, it is fine to hold both buttons to reset and reboot. You should only get concerned if it starts to happen regularly but can't be attributed to a particular app / set of actions.
Honestly, don't sweat it.

OP
S

stooney

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the Heads Up!

I always was under the impression crashes like that don't happen on Macs, only on PCs ;-)
I was really worried for a while when it did not come back on. But good to know the the two-button-thingie gets it back to life, phew!

Thank you all!

P.S.: Good to have such a nice place with quick help!

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
We Mac users like to think that, and there is some justification. However, what you are doing on the computer (apps running and configuration settings) are a much bigger factor than the OS. And to be fair, Windows 7 and Windows XP are pretty good/stable operating systems.

Today I'll be nice, and not rub (much) Vista in Microsoft's face. :D

However, no computer (small or big) is crash proof. That's why there is always a way to restart, restore, and recover.

Most reactions