What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help with Ipad 1 possible hardware crash?

sewcherie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So I had posted sometime back about my original Ipad 1 getting stuck with an upgrade and not synching and it eventually had to be 'repaired': ie: the Genius' had my buy a new referbished one. That was Dec 4th, 2012. Now my 'new to me' referished one has (after crashing many times in the middle of an App, even with extra apps turned off to free up RAM) crashed hard - a possible hardware fail?

We were having a lazy Easter Sunday and had downloaded (and deleted) a bunch of free app games to try. We put the Ipad on the charger and went to dinner. As I was winding down for the night I was playing a few games on it and surfing the web, I think I was in the middle of switching between tabs when the screen kinda pixelated and fuzzed and went black. Thinking it was a crash (again), I hard rebooted it and the Apple symbol came up for a few seconds and it went black again. It's now not coming on at all.

So, of course this is AFTER the 90 day warrentee (just shy of an extra month... hmmm) and I really can't afford to buy a new Ipad or even a new refurbished one.

Any advice?

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
As you aren't that far outside the warranty period I would take it back to see if there is anything they can do for you, if you explain your situation politely then you might just get something good out of it......you can't be any worse off by trying.

The Archangel

Most reactions