What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My iPad battery empties in 1 hour

NovemberGirl

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am new to this site and have had my iPad for 6 months. I have enjoyed it, but lately the battery drained within an hour and this is what led me to this site.

I hope I can post and find a solution

Thanks

ipfuser55

iPF Noob
Reaction score
NovemberGirl said:
I am new to this site and have had my iPad for 6 months. I have enjoyed it, but lately the battery drained within an hour and this is what led me to this site.

Thanks

How old is your iPad, and what model? iPad1 or 2 it's the age that counts here, Apple will almost always replace any iPad two years or younger when the battery no longer performs as it should. :)

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Good to hear from you. You’ll find a whole bunch of iPad enthusiasts in this Forum who are only too willing to help other iPad owners and to hear of their experiences. Don’t be afraid to post any questions you may have or use the ‘Search’ button near the top of the Forum web page. I usually find I discover one new interesting and useful piece of information about my iPad every day - and often not even what I was looking for!!

Hope to hear from you soon with your thoughts about the iPad.

Have fun and enjoy your iPad

It's very unusual indeed for the battery to drain that fast; I've had my iPad too for about the same time as you and I still get the full ten hours. Is this something that has developed quite suddenly or have you noticed a gradual decline in the battery life? I'm assuming the figure you mention is from fully charged. If it is a battery problem it will be the first I've heard of however the good news is that you'll be able to get a free replacement under warranty.

If you don’t already have it you can download a copy of the iPad manual for free.

Apple - Support - Manuals

Please read the rules too!!

http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rules-help-info/2119-forum-rules-everybody-please-read.html

Tim
Scotland

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
NovemberGirl said:

Thanks

How old is your iPad, and what model? iPad1 or 2 it's the age that counts here, Apple will almost always replace any iPad two years or younger when the battery no longer performs as it should. :)

She has had it for six months. Has the iPad2 been out six months?

ipfuser55

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Around about that your side of the pond, but it makes no difference, at that age, a swap out is definite :) one or two

xparacha

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
topoflists.com
Welcome on board. I hope you'll find many new things that you can do with your iPad 2 here and I like your username btw :p

Rog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
November,

Please make sure you are using the ipad charger and not the iphone charger.
The ipad charger is physically larger (and supplies 10 watts of power) than the iphone charger. The charger for the iphone does not supply enough power to properly charge an ipad.

Some laptops also do not supply enough juice via the USB ports.

The ipad charger's metal prongs fold up for storage.

Hope this helps.

imgres

tzimisce

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Rog said:
November,The ipad charger is physically larger (and supplies 10 watts of power) than the iphone charger. The charger for the iphone does not supply enough power to properly charge an ipad.

That's not quite accurate. The iPhone charger can charge an iPad as the voltage is the same at 5.1V, but it simply takes longer as the device can only draw the current from the charger at 1 amps (compared to the iPad charger, which puts out 2.1 amps.)

OP
N

NovemberGirl

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you all for the replies. I am not in the US, however will be travelling to Boston, where I purchased my iPad (not iPad2) so I will look into getting a swap under warranty. I used the charger that came with it, deleted some apps, but still the charge is slow and the usage is quick.

tzimisce

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Here's what I do to avoid confusion between an iPad and an iPhone/iPod adapter:

a7a1bd1c.jpg

OP
N

NovemberGirl

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am sorted out

Sorry, I didn't get back to you guys, but I sorted my problem with a new charger, and when I was in the Apple Store, I so wanted to get an I2, but it was not in the budget:(:(

Most reactions

Latest posts