What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My Daughter was just mugged!

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
SweetPoison said:
Oh she is just fine, guys. I just went in to check on her as I noticed her TV was off. It never is off while she is in bed. She is in bed with MY IPAD! I was like ~ speechless. We just got Netflix while we wait for the ATV, so I told her she could check out some things on it. I meant in the living room with me supervising!

Never have I ever let anyone play or touch my iPad.

"But, Mom. I was mugged, remember?" It was hilarious.

Kinda.

Kids.

Oh dear, guess she will milk this for the next six months. LOL You really don't let anyone touch your iPad - I am shocked. I am surprised she doesn't have her own.

Sent from my Verizon Black 64GB iPad 2 With IOS 5.01Update From NYC using iPF

OP
SweetPoison

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So ~ a detective came in to speak to my daughter yesterday. They think it was definitely an inside job. Gee. Ya think? They had a list of all the baristas and management that work there and wanted her opinions on every one.

He went on to say that Corporate is not letting this go ~ they will "get to the bottom of it"

Should be interesting!

debsylvania

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, Marie. I have not checked the site for a couple of weeks and just saw this thread. First, I am so relieved to see that your daughter escaped serious injury and glad also to see that they are very seriously pursuing more information about who might have done it.

It just makes me sick to think that a co-worker would endanger the lives of someone they work with like this. I hope they catch the sob(s) involved and throw the book at them. How awful to have to look over your shoulder at your place of employment! In the meantime, did they follow thru with more security? I'm afraid that they will try it again if they think they got away with it the first time.

Best to you and your "baby". :)

OP
SweetPoison

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I will pray for you all god bless and stay safe

Thank You!

Hi, Marie. I have not checked the site for a couple of weeks and just saw this thread. First, I am so relieved to see that your daughter escaped serious injury and glad also to see that they are very seriously pursuing more information about who might have done it.

It just makes me sick to think that a co-worker would endanger the lives of someone they work with like this. I hope they catch the sob(s) involved and throw the book at them. How awful to have to look over your shoulder at your place of employment! In the meantime, did they follow thru with more security? I'm afraid that they will try it again if they think they got away with it the first time.

Best to you and your "baby". :)

Hey You! How the hell are you? Happy New Year!

Yes ~ she physically, now, is fine ~ She did call me the other day while she was at the mall parking lot and she said she was walking in to the mall and she just got all shaky and really scared of her surroundings!

She sounded very frightened. For the first time ever since this happened. She said that parking lots really freak her out now. Damn them.

Thank You So Much!

Don't be a stranger!

AdmiralAdama

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Near the Ionian Nebula, still searching for Earth
SweetPoison said:
Thank You!

Yes ~ she physically, now, is fine ~ She did call me the other day while she was at the mall parking lot and she said she was walking in to the mall and she just got all shaky and really scared of her surroundings!

She sounded very frightened. For the first time ever since this happened. She said that parking lots really freak her out now. Damn them.

Thank You So Much!

Don't be a stranger!

What state are you in? Carry concealed?
In trained hands, Smith & Wesson provides a comprehensive insurance package.

AA

shepman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
SweetPoison said:
Not anymore ~ they will double up now until they get a security guard. She has been there 6 years and this has never happened. Still ~

Thanks, everyone!!

Sorry it happened. How ols is your daughter?

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So ~ a detective came in to speak to my daughter yesterday. They think it was definitely an inside job. Gee. Ya think? They had a list of all the baristas and management that work there and wanted her opinions on every one.

He went on to say that Corporate is not letting this go ~ they will "get to the bottom of it"

Should be interesting!

That really blows. How terrible for her to go through that and then have to wonder which of her co-workers is sub-human enough to set her up like that.

OP
SweetPoison

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Seriously. There are two that are coming into play ~ they were both fired within the last year. And it didn't go well. They both knew too, when, how, and what the money was carried in, daily.

Last edited:

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
SweetPoison said:
Seriously. There are two that are coming into play ~ they were both fired within the last year. And it didn't go well. They both knew too, when, how, and what the money was carried in, daily.

That's too bad!!! Sounds like a lifetime movie though. Surreal!!

Sent from my Verizon Black 64GB iPad 2 With IOS 5.01Update From NYC using iPF

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Yes, the thought did occur to me that it was that horrible woman you mentioned a few months back. She called you and your daughter all sorts of names. Let's hope they find out. Fingers crossed.

Sent from my one and only original iPad using iPF

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
That just makes me angry all over again!! I hope that they are able to find the person(s) involved! Everybody is working harder these days to make ends meet, why do some few decide they can take the easy way out?

debsylvania

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank You!

Thank You So Much!

Don't be a stranger!

"Damn them" is right. I hope with time your daughter can overcome the effects of this experience. I can see how it would shake a body up for a long time.

It's good she's got a sounding board in you, sometimes the best therapy is just being able to talk about it with someone ... like Mom! :)

Most reactions

Latest posts