What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Just witnessed an 8 year old girls ipad 2 get stolen, fresh from the apple store

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatriciaF

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Way to go Tapmyapple!! We need more people doing things like this and maybe the "bad guys" will get the hint, we won't take it any more.

zipur

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I had a similar thing happen to me when I first got out of boot camp in '81 I witnessed a nice looking Latino girl being slapped and pulled down the street by her hair by this punk. So me and my buddy pull over I jump out as he protested "just leave them alone, lets go" I said "No we can't let this go on" So I run up to this guy and grabbed him by the neck with my right hand and with my left I grabbed his hand full of her hair and told him let her the f@&$) go. Then it was like gates opening at a football game and at least 6 Other guys (his posey I guess) came out of no where. I would like to give some superman story but all I can say is I broke two bones punching someone along with fifteen stitches and various cut and such from fighting my way back to the car. Then as we drove away my friends car suffered a rock through the side and back window. Then to top it off as I looked back to check on the girl I swear she was hugging and wiping that punks face. Long story short I got my but kicked for nothing.

So my hat is off to you but to others I just warn you that in today's world be careful cause you never know what's around the corner

Sent from my iPad using iPF

zipur

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Oh, I had another event in San Fernando Ca. In '90 where I was in a 7 eleven an two guys grabbed a couple cases of bear and ran almost over me as they exited the store. The store clerk jumped over the counter and I followed him, as we rounded the corner, he was about ten feet ahead of me so he turned the corner first . By the time I got to the corner he was trying to stop (hard to explain) but as he stopped and his feet slid out from under him due to his forward motion. All I saw in slow motion as the clerks body cleared my view was the two guys closing the door of a car and a pistol pointing my direction. And they held aim on us as they drove away. Funny thing is to this day, all I can remember is it was a white low rider chevy with a gun poking out the window. I had no idea what the plate was.

There was another event I just missed (left before it happened) at a restraint in Dallas where some kids did a dine-&-ditch and ran out of the restraint without paying. A waiter ran out and tried to stop them and was killed as the car drove over them.

Again I only ofer my experiences and I have a few more I could share to give a better picture of how things can go very wrong. Remember it's only money which can be recovered life can't

Sorry for the downer on your great story.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

SaberOne

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This adds to the growing list of Apple product thefts throughout. There were two assaults on Apple stores in my State in the last few months. Likewise, grab and run assaults are also on the rise. This is all too familiar when I carried a Leica camera, as I had to keep it close to my chest slung-strapped across my shoulder. All pad users should be very careful while in public, as the potential of a strong-arm robbery remains high. This is one of the reasons I don’t care for clear skins that display the Apple logo. Situational awareness is paramount for the safekeeping of your property and your life.

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
And with that very sensible piece of advice from SaberOne I think we'll take the opportunity to close the thread as the discussion has run it's course. Thanks to everyone for their contribution.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts