What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Modding on iOS 5.0.1 [help]

stephenc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Modding on iOS 5.0.1 [Solved kinda]

Hey,So recently I have updated my iPad 2 and now my themes aren't functioning properly. I am aware that some file name changes have been applied to various files and such. Is there a thread which informs us what file names/extensions which have been applied?Okay so basically, I would like my iPad theme to show a different wallpaper on each page and no name extensions or rename I've tried so far have worked. Also I was able to change the slider but the slider bar remained the gradient grey, I would like to make it transparent.So if anyone can link me or guide me with this issue, I would very much appreciate it. :confused:
IMG_0006.PNG
That's the grey gradient I'm unable to find or haven't been able to rename correctly. Does anybody know the directory location for this file and/or the correct name of the file?Also I've been told to rename the separate wallpapers I desire to "Page0.png, Page1.png etc.." but this hasn't worked even though they're in my theme folder. Am I missing "~ipad" in the file name or some other extension I am unaware of?
__
Okay so thanks to the responses I was able to remove the bar by creating two files, WellLock~ipad.png and WellLock@2x~ipad.png which are transparent with dimensions, 27 x 52 and the other 54 x 104. Adding these files to your customized theme will remove the gradient.
IMG_0007.PNG
The issue with different wallpapers each page is still unsolved as the PerPage tweak applied the images but in iPhone size :( .
Again, Thanks for the help :D

Last edited:

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
/var/root/Library/Themes or /var/root/stash/Themes. I believe it's the latter iirc. I don't have my iPad on me so I can't check it for you unfortunately.

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Willer gave the destination of where the themes should go.
Which is var/stash/themes.(whatever).

No, there isn't a thread of the changed stuff, but if you are looking for the slider thing, look for a folder called "telephonyUI". All the lockscreen stuff is in there.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I believe the names you are looking for are:

WellLock~ipad.png
BarBottomLock-ipad.png
BarLCD~ipad.png

You also might want to look at bottombarbkgnd.png and BulletWellLock.png. I'm not sure cause its been a while since I themed the slider...

They can be located on your iPad at this iFile address: /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/TelephonyUI.framework/

What I suggest is that you create transparent PNG images, name them the above file names (remember that case is important) and them put them into your current theme. You'll probably need to make new folders, but the end result should look like this:

[YourTheme].theme/Bundles/com.apple.TelephonyUI/[the PNG images]

Then, respring and that shadow should be gone.

As far as putting a separate wallpaper on each Springboard page, you'll need a tweak called PerPageHTML (free) or PerPageHTML+ (paid). I never could get either to work, but it's the only thing I know that will put separate wallpapers in your iPad. Sorry.

Hope some of this helps. Let us know how you get on.

Marilyn

Last edited:
OP
S

stephenc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well thank you guys for your replies, I shall test them right now and let you know which works. :eek:

It worked! :D. The component was the WellLock~ipad. It took a while because i had to find the dimensions and then create a second one called WellLock@2x~ipad.

I'll post up pictures once I'm done trying the PerPageHTML which I'm fairly sure is going to work :3

Thanks Again to willerz2, graywolf and of course Mickey330.;)

Last edited:

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hurray!

Glad we could help. Sorry about PerPageHTML - but sometimes, tweaks are only for the iPhone/iPod (not too many developers have iPads, even now).

Marilyn

OP
S

stephenc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Nah, Thats cool. Just hope there will be lots of developer teams for the iPad soon :D.

Most reactions

Latest posts