What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

HOW TO: Hide the Lock Screen Slideshow Icon

GetPatriotized

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't want to use Winterboard, where are these files? what's the directory? I want to replace it permanently.

OP
Mickey330

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The files are located in /System/Library/CoreServices/Springboard.app.

And, I feel compelled to add this caution: Please be very careful while you are mucking about in the "real" files of the iPad. When I first tried to remove this icon, I went into the file system and changed the icons. I messed up my iPad (an iPad1 at the time) and had to restore/re-jail break. That's why i decided to go the Winterboard theming route. Just so's you're aware...

Marilyn

OP
Mickey330

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Since answering the above made me do research using my iPad3, I discovered that Apple changed the file names yet again. And the sizes, also (of course)...

Same caveats apply - I've updated the first post, but for those who just want the names...

On the iPad3, the file names are now (size is in parenthesis):

SlideshowBkgnd@2x~ipad.png (104 x104)
SlideshowLandscape@2x~ipad.png (60 x 54)
SlideshowPortrait@2x~ipad.png (52 x 62)

Everything else remains the same (how to make the theme, where to place it and how to use it). You'll just need to create some transparent PNG images and you'll be good to go.

I can attest this works on an iPad3 running iOS 5.1.1. I am using it now since I had to uninstall my beloved Move2Unlock tweak (it's incompatible with the iPad3 or iOS 5.1.1 ... or both).

Happy flower cutting. :)

Marilyn

NoKz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I finally got around to doing this. Thanks for the guide. :thumbs:

Most reactions