What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Change Lockscreen Slider on Jailbroke iPad

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I wanted a different slider on my iPad1's lockscreen. However, no matter what I did, no slider theme from Cydia seemed to work. So, I Googled and discovered that the iPad has a different naming system for the lock screen slider .png images than that of the iPhone (for which most sliders are developed).

The solution is to:

1) Download a slider theme from Cydia

2) Use iFile (or SSH in) to go to the slider's folder (and to the .png files) within Themes. The address is /var/stash/Themes…/[slider theme]/Bundles/com.apple.TelephonyUI

[Note that your Themes folder will have a bunch of letter and numbers at the end of it - it's an iPad thing...]

3) Inside the com.apple.TelephonyUI folder, you'll find three (3) .png images:

bottombarknobgray.png
bottombarknobgreen.png
bottombarknobred.png

4) Add a capital "T" to the end of the name of each of these three files (e.g. bottombarknobgrayT.png).

Edit: The names of these three files have changed for iOS 5. They now end in ~ipad (e.g. Bottombarknobgray~ipad.png). Yep, Apple changed the naming conventions, so we have to adjust...

5) Go to Winterboard (in Settings) and activate the slider theme

6) Re-spring

7) Use the new slider to open your iPad!

With the addition of changing my slider text with "Slide to Unlock Killer" (also at Cydia) - I'm highly entertained. So, I had to share.

Happy modding.

Marilyn

P.S. If you have BlueiPad V2 theme loaded, make sure your slider theme is above it (in Winterboard), as it's slider mods will override the slider theme. Or just remove those .png files from BlueiPad V2. Whichever…

Attachments

• Lockscreen.PNG
    Lockscreen.PNG
    517.6 KB · Views: 9,184
Last edited:

Alysiahunter

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How do I get to step two. I don't know what your talking about when you say that. Please reply with step by step.

Fid

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I am thinking that iOS 5.0.1 has a new naming convention for the slider theme and/or graphic. I have added a capital T, - ipad, ~ipad, ipad, ipad1, and IPAD, right before the .png. I still end up with the same ole grey arrow. I didn't try iPad.
Do you know where in the other part of the OS resides the slider graphic so I can deck it's naming? I know better than to mess with the files there. My version says 5.0.1 (9A405).
In the winterboard theme BlueiPad by JMG there is the graphic that changes the text color to be blue, "slide to unlock". Since that works, I'm in the right folder.

Sent from my iPad using iPF - Peace

OP
Mickey330

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The actual (stock Apple) address for these icons is:

The location for the slider images is: /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/TelephonyUI.framework.

I looked there on my iPad and the name are now (for iOS 5.0.1):

bottombarknobgray~ipad.png
bottombarknobgreen~ipad.png
bottombarknobred~ipad.png

If those are the names you are trying, and it's not working, then (1) doublecheck your spelling and letter casing (maybe you have a stray capital letter?).

Or, (2) download and install (from Cydia) the [free] tweak iWipe Cache. Then, when you run it, it'll respring the iPad while cleaning out the image cache. It may be that is what is causing the iPad to not show the changes.

That's all I can think of at the moment. I'm not using this theme idea any longer (I have Move2Unlock and don't even show a slider now). So, if this works, yay. If you still have troubles, please holler back and I'll load it back up to troubleshoot. Good luck.

Marilyn

Fid

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thank you Marilyn,
The wipe cache was the ticket.
I read your post as I left the house and did a screen capture since I was going to be in an area with no wifi for the day, typical for my work situation. Then I downloaded the IWipe program and headed out the door. While I was rebuilding a computer I was able to take peeks at my iPad and wipe the cache and get the pictures to come out correctly.
Thank you for the help.

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Fid said:
I am thinking that iOS 5.0.1 has a new naming convention for the slider theme and/or graphic. I have added a capital T, - ipad, ~ipad, ipad, ipad1, and IPAD, right before the .png. I still end up with the same ole grey arrow. I didn't try iPad.
Do you know where in the other part of the OS resides the slider graphic so I can deck it's naming? I know better than to mess with the files there. My version says 5.0.1 (9A405).
In the winterboard theme BlueiPad by JMG there is the graphic that changes the text color to be blue, "slide to unlock". Since that works, I'm in the right folder.

The slider should be in a folder named "com.apple.telephonyUI".
And yes, apple did remame some stuff in ios 5.

Nirmal

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have iPad mini running on iOS 6
I have tried the above steps and I still get the same grey icon.image.jpg
Check wether I m right

OP
Mickey330

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Well, it looks as if AppLe changed the naming conventions (again!) on the iPad for iOS 6. This time, it appears they removed the "T."

My suggestion is to navigate to /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/TelephonyUI.framework [in iFile] and take a look at what files are actually on your iPad. Then, you can just change the files names in that theme - and that should make it work.

Hopefully, that'll sort it for you. Yay, if it does. If not, holler back and we'll take another shot at it.

Marilyn

Most reactions

Latest posts