What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mobile Hotspots Need advice ASAP please

flajrnylvr

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Besides an Iphone What would you all recommend for a mobile hotspot for areas with no open wifi such as the beach etc for connecting a 3 64 gb with just Wifi thanks

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It depends on which carrier you are using, and what you already have. The options are too application based to point to one without more input.

OP
F

flajrnylvr

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Im going to transfer my data plkan from ATT from my old Ipad2 3g to whatever I get Not sure what you second statement is referring I am going to mostly use it to check emsail webpages etc ( very little video ) when i dont have a wifi connection

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
verizon 4g ipad offers free hotspot for up to 5 devices.
with att they do not offer mobile hotspot and there currently is no jailbreak to even try to apply a hack for enabling it.

You can go the route of getting a MiFi mobile hotspot from one of the cell carriers. However that will easily run you about $60/month.

OP
F

flajrnylvr

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Im not going to use the Ipad as a mobile Hot spot I want a hot spot Mifi to allow my Ipad to connect to it I am looking for one that will work with my current AtT dataconnect plan

Thanks again for all your help folks please keep the answers coming

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you are using AT&T now, then any one of their hotspot devices should do. I would make sure it is 4G capable and that they will transfer your existing data plan to it. Other things to consider are battery life, charging options, and size.

Most reactions

Latest posts