What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New iPad Mini

quadtronix

iPF Noob
Reaction score
SDM44: have you considered a slip case? I use a universal pointmobl case from RadioShack which was around $25. Works great for me. :)

taftrc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Did you try 'Settings => General => Reset => Reset Network Settings' yet?

I have an Ipad 1 and 11 and bought the Mini. Put a Pong cover on the Mini and get better WIFI coverage and faster download speeds than with the Ipads.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The only thing I don't really like is that there aren't that many great cases for it. There are a lot of cases out there, but none that I really like much. I've grown on the iPad Smart Case that I have on my 'New' iPad (I just hate that it's hard to stand up because of the backing, and I wish Apple would come out with a Smart Case for the iPad mini, instead of just the Smart Cover (I never really liked them, and I had a couple and always ended up selling them).

Just got this yesterday for $13. Essentially a Smart Case. This has great hand feel, too. Full protection front/back...the magnets hold the cover closed when upside down and when you fold it into a little triangle for a stand in either position, the magnets kick in to hold the shape of the triangle.

Amazon.com: KHOMO ® Super Slim Red Case Polyurethane Smart Cover FRONT + Black Hard Rubberized Poly-carbonate BACK Protector for Apple iPad Mini 7 Inches 7.9 inch (Built-in magnet for sleep / wake feature): Computers & Accessories

Unlike some of the other less expensive cases, the plastic back on this has smooth edges that feel good to your fingers. Other have sharp edges and give you the idea that you might get cut using them. The one flaw I find with this one is the cover has a border at the edge which you can feel. I expect it may eventually wear in along that border. But for $13, I'll just buy a new one. This one is very light weight, so it preserve a lot of what I like about the mini.

Yptcn

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Just got this yesterday for $13. Essentially a Smart Case. This has great hand feel, too. Full protection front/back...the magnets hold the cover closed when upside down and when you fold it into a little triangle for a stand in either position, the magnets kick in to hold the shape of the triangle.

Amazon.com: KHOMO ® Super Slim Red Case Polyurethane Smart Cover FRONT + Black Hard Rubberized Poly-carbonate BACK Protector for Apple iPad Mini 7 Inches 7.9 inch (Built-in magnet for sleep / wake feature): Computers & Accessories

Unlike some of the other less expensive cases, the plastic back on this has smooth edges that feel good to your fingers. Other have sharp edges and give you the idea that you might get cut using them. The one flaw I find with this one is the cover has a border at the edge which you can feel. I expect it may eventually wear in along that border. But for $13, I'll just buy a new one. This one is very light weight, so it preserve a lot of what I like about the mini.

Thanks for the tip . I'm going to the US tomorrow so I ordered it ( In Orange ;-) ) and having it delivered at a friends place ! It looks great .

SDM44

iPF Noob
Reaction score
heh, I wish I would've seen that link before I bought another Tumi iPad case. But it's cool, I may still get one to keep as a spare.

The leather Tumi iPad case fits really well and is very slim on my 'New' iPad, so I ordered one for the iPad Mini as well.

Most reactions

Latest posts