What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Marie's Backup/syncing issues with iTunes!

OP
SweetPoison

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You should probably make copies of your work stuff or email them to yourself. I don't have that program so I'm not sure how to do that.

I know how.

Scott! So it is DONE syncing! AND all my apps are back. How is that possible? I just checked and they are NOT back on the ipad, but they are in itunes.

I need a drink.

robertlc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You should probably make copies of your work stuff or email them to yourself. I don't have that program so I'm not sure how to do that.

I know how.

Scott! So it is DONE syncing! AND all my apps are back. How is that possible? I just checked and they are NOT back on the ipad, but they are in itunes.

I need a drink.

Good!

It is 5:00p.m. somewhere in the world. Go ahead, have a drink.

Make it a double!

aj07

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've tried 3 different cables and i have the same problem with them all, 1 cable came with iphone 3g, 1 cable came with iphone 4 and 1 came with ipad. all 3 do the same.. 2+ hours ipad backup and iphone 4 takes 2MIN!!! hell, even my old iphone 3 i gave to my daughter to use as an ipod goes faster with 16gig's of movies and music on it. my ipad only has 10gig total used. lol. grrrrr. lol /cry

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No, it was the cable I'm telling you... it was the cable!!!!

You need to put the apps back on one at a time and if your iPad messes up, at least you will know which one it was that was causing the problem.

OP
SweetPoison

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've tried 3 different cables and i have the same problem with them all, 1 cable came with iphone 3g, 1 cable came with iphone 4 and 1 came with ipad. all 3 do the same.. 2+ hours ipad backup and iphone 4 takes 2MIN!!! hell, even my old iphone 3 i gave to my daughter to use as an ipod goes faster with 16gig's of movies and music on it. my ipad only has 10gig total used. lol. grrrrr. lol /cry

aww..!! Hugs to you!!

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Col was asleep when this all was happening. Normally i read the news on my iPad but this morning I read this thread. Oh my poor Marie what a pickle she got her self into......seems super Scott and the team may have resolved the issue.

In saying that i will give my 2 cents worth.
1). I have found when supporting other users here in Aus that. Most problems that occur with back up are due to one or a combination of the following.
1) corrupt application
2) corrupted os ie windows 7 problem which in turn causes iTunes problems.
3) virus problems windows xp, vista, win7 issues not on Macs.
4) corrupted back up file on pc.
5) faulty cable
It is difficult to isolate however removing Recently installed apps from the iPad can resolve the issue if all has been ok in the past. Remember one can reload apps from iTunes store at no charge.

One issue that seems to be common with home users and for that fact small business users is the lack of hard drive backup.
In most cases that i have supported there was no full back up of the os.

I am a believer of back up because if something goes wrong it is the fastest way to restore back in time when all was ok. It is critical to back up important personal data if not daily at least weekly. I in fact use 2 backup drives on my Mac 1 drive backs up mon, wed, fri, the second tues, thurs, sat. That eliminates having the back up corrupted as one is behind the other.
As i said earlier it is hard to isolate. Removing apps is usually my first move then see what happens. I also have had corrupted Picts on one iPad I looked at and provided support. Manual control of backup and syncing is important as it allows testing by turning off apps or Picts or music .

Then if all else fails one can restore the pc and or mac back using backups and in theory that fixes it.

Maybe I am lucky but i have had no issues with backup since the beginning. I did have several corrupt apps ( using beta 4.2) however that was more about crashing on the iPad than back ups.

I have 2 iPads now 2 iPhones plus a iPod touch, and Apple tv and use a MacBook for all of the above 5 adults in house. They sync from same MacBook. Backup is dual 250gb hard drives. I do hope Marie,s issue is resolved .

Last edited:
OP
SweetPoison

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Col was asleep when this all was happening. Normally i read the news on my iPad but this morning I read this thread. Oh my poor Marie what a pickle she got her self into.

Colin! You have missed all the excitement! I think all is as it should be ~ I am in the process of trying to get all my apps back I paid for. Some don't say I paid and want me to pay again.

I'm thinkin not. :D

So I emailed all of them good folks. Its tough bein me, I'm telling ya Colin.

I am glad the gentlemans' awake.

322d9c48-1.png

OP
SweetPoison

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Lol, Ivan. I am glad it turned out good too ~ still down a few apps and I can't recall what they were! And there are a few that I paid for that they won't give me again.

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Back up computer. Back up computer. Back up computer. Back up computer. Then you are protected

Or fly col to California to fix it. Col calculates. $120 per hour x 28 hours flying time plus on site visit. Meals. Oh. Do you have visa or mastercard. Lol

BrennB

iPF Noob
Reaction score
@Scott please don't prune, this was entertaining as usual!

@Marie, yure fine to redownload, it will seem like they are going to make you pay but at the beginning of the download you will get a popup that says you already own it and do you want to redownload, HONEST! Try it with one of your cheaper prepaids you'll see.

OP
SweetPoison

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Back up computer. Back up computer. Back up computer. Back up computer. Then you are protected

Or fly col to California to fix it. Col calculates. $120 per hour x 28 hours flying time plus on site visit. Meals. Oh. Do you have visa or mastercard. Lol

dc6b9772.png

Most reactions

Latest posts