What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Marie's Backup/syncing issues with iTunes!

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Okay Guys ~

Here is my issue. When backing up or syncing, after 8 hours hooked up to iTunes, it still is on step 1. Needless to say, I stop it and life goes on.

Last night I googled this problem and there are lots of people with this ~ I found a site and followed many suggestions from them ~ but to no avail. The suggestions did help some though!

Here is what I have done so far ~

* Right click the iPad in iTunes and choose "reset warnings" and choose to NOT send info to Apple and sync again.

* I unchecked boxes with regards to music

* I deleted all previous back ups in iTunes

From all my reearch last night ~ I don't think it's about the amount of data here, as I only have 24 apps and 200 songs on my ipad! I think I am running into a bug with the sync process. On the computer, or iPad, I have no clue.

Now I am about to delete all my apps and see where that leads ~

I just wanna be able to update to the new OS ~ but I might not be able to if I don't fix this.

Please feel feel to chime in!

Marie ~

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Some claim the issue is with the backup files in iTunes on your computer. I know there is a way to delete them from within iTunes, but just to make sure, check in Windows. In Vista, the backups are in the following folder: \Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Apple Computer\MobileSync\Backup\

There should be no files in this folder. If there are, delete them!

After this is done, try to sync... again.

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You will probably need to go into your Control Panel and select Folder Options. Once there, click on the View tab. Under Hidden Files and Folders, click the option to show Hidden Files and Folders.

Now go back to My Computer or Windows Explorer (whatever you use) to go to the folder where all your stuff is (documents, photos, etc.) and look for the folder shown above.

deckyon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.sturmphoto.com
If you have no "Folder Options" then you have a larger problem on your PC than just syncing your iPad.

There are many things that can cause the "Folder Options" to disappear - check Google. However, I suspect there may be some malware or virus issues going on.

OP
SweetPoison

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Some claim the issue is with the backup files in iTunes on your computer. I know there is a way to delete them from within iTunes, but just to make sure, check in Windows. In Vista, the backups are in the following folder: \Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Apple Computer\MobileSync\Backup\

There should be no files in this folder. If there are, delete them!

After this is done, try to sync... again.

Can you shorten this, Scott? It says it is too long to search for...:confused:

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Where is says USERNAME, that's the name you use on your computer...

Just start out in your home folder and you will see a list of other folders like Documents, Downloads, Photos, etc.

Last edited:
OP
SweetPoison

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Okay....so we deleted 13K items in that hidden folder ~ and I am, once again, playing with iTunes.:mad:

Starting syncing at 8:12AM. We.shall.see. I just want to go to itunes to update the OS. I don't care if I ever sync or back up again.

Has to be a way.

Most reactions

Latest posts