What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mac mini for a long time windows user?

Sonicrobby

iPF Novice
Reaction score
So I've never used a Mac before (nor Linux) so the os will be completely new to me. I'm thinking of getting a Mac so that everything will integrate better, since my house is full of apple products except for a mac. Mainly, I would like better/easier integration with my time capsule. I use it mainly for file storage.

My concerns: [keep in mind I have 0 experience with OSX]
1) I'm used to a windows-like file system, so can I easily move/copy/change files from the time capsule and Mac?
2) I do like to use certain programs on windows, I know there has to be a Mac version, but if there isn't, I heard boot camp or something will allow me to install windows on my Mac? So since I still have my windows 7 disk, can I install it on my Mac and use it just like a windows pc?

I will continuously update this as questions arise or are answered.

I thanks you in advance for any responses and for putting up with my ignorance :]

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sonicrobby said:
So I've never used a Mac before (nor Linux) so the os will be completely new to me. I'm thinking of getting a Mac so that everything will integrate better, since my house is full of apple products except for a mac. Mainly, I would like better/easier integration with my time capsule. I use it mainly for file storage.

My concerns: [keep in mind I have 0 experience with OSX]
1) I'm used to a windows-like file system, so can I easily move/copy/change files from the time capsule and Mac?
2) I do like to use certain programs on windows, I know there has to be a Mac version, but if there isn't, I heard boot camp or something will allow me to install windows on my Mac? So since I still have my windows 7 disk, can I install it on my Mac and use it just like a windows pc?

I will continuously update this as questions arise or are answered.

I thanks you in advance for any responses and for putting up with my ignorance :]

A Mini is a great starting point, in fact my first "proper" Mac was a Mini and I loved it (I'm thinking of getting another) so.....

1. I went from Windows to a Mac and never really had any problems, I still use windows at work but I'm all Mac at home, this link may help you http://www.apple.com/support/switch101/switcher/
2. Correct, you can dual boot a Mac....I was going to take this route but never bothered as I always found ways to do what I needed in OSX without going back to Windows.

The Archangel

OP
Sonicrobby

Sonicrobby

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Gabriel1 said:
A Mini is a great starting point, in fact my first "proper" Mac was a Mini and I loved it (I'm thinking of getting another) so.....

1. I went from Windows to a Mac and never really had any problems, I still use windows at work but I'm all Mac at home, this link may help you http://www.apple.com/support/switch101/switcher/
2. Correct, you can dual boot a Mac....I was going to take this route but never bothered as I always found ways to do what I needed in OSX without going back to Windows.

The Archangel

Great to hear! Thanks! I placed my order just a while ago. I hope this will be a great investment :D

Most reactions

Latest posts