What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Macs do not do compression?

Technician99

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I know only on Apple fan sites people may know, because most people use Windows; I had 19 Microsoft Word Documents and went to email them in a Zip to somebody with a Mac. She told me in the Mac World ?? they do not have the ability to open Zip Files ? So what to the Mac people do email 19 attachments to each other, while Windows can email one Zip file? Me I would never buy a Mac they are too expensive, not enough variety, manufactures to chose from, no hardware choices like Blu Ray.... and now theydo not do compression, Zip.

DaveSt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That isn't true. There are several zip programs for Mac, and I'm pretty sure Finder has built in zip support as it is.

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The person who told you that is out to lunch StuffIt expanded handles all zip files. It usually is installed on mostMacs if some wants to zip any thing on a Mac they can download the full version free. I realize you hate apple products that is your choice cross platform sharing of documents is not a problem period and finally if you really want to osx can run any windows os as long as you have a license.

OP
T

Technician99

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Do not think she is very tech savy. I am pretty sure Mac has some type of native compression. If I knew what would work with I am sure I could create a Mac compatible archive file. She may have an older Mac, older OS.

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Technician said:
Do not think she is very tech savy. I am pretty sure Mac has some type of native compression. If I knew what would work with I am sure I could create a Mac compatible archive file. She may have an older Mac, older OS.

StuffIt has been available since the 90's regardless of what os . The question will be how old are the applications she owns If they in fact can open the documents you have.
Please provide more info and I am happy to respond

Most reactions

Latest posts