What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Why Mac is Better Than Windows?

zohaali146

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey guys! I have been a windows user, but as i my friends are fans of Mac they often advice me to stop using mac. Though I never quite understand the reason. Kindly tell me how and why Mac is better than Windows.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
A big advantage is that for those users who need certain programs only available on Windows, any Mac can run macOS as well as Windows. You can run each from a separate partition in storage or both at the same time in separate windows on the screen.

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Depends entirely on your intended use. What is good for one person is not necessarily good for another. I can't ever see myself buying another Windows PC, because my Mac is part of an all-Apple system, and Windows lost any attraction it may once have had for me with the introduction of 8.

Over time, Macs work out to be cheaper than Windows machines. The useful life is around 8-10 years, meaning you can buy one around 3 years old at a decent discount and still expect to have a useable machine. Software tends to be cheaper, or even free. Pages, Numbers and Keynote replace MS Office reasonably well, but it's doubtful that they will ever become the preferred tool in a corporate environment.

macOS and iOS are becoming intertwined more and more. It's not beyond reason that in the near future iOS devices and macOS devices will, in fact, be running essentially the same operating system.

At the end of it, your best bet is to list what your requirements are and see what comes closest to meeting your expectations. In your position, I'd ask the same question on a Windows forum and see what responses you get. Between answers on Mac forums and answers on Windows forums, you should get an idea of what steers people to one system or the other.

OP
Z

zohaali146

iPF Noob
Reaction score
A big advantage is that for those users who need certain programs only available on Windows, any Mac can run macOS as well as Windows. You can run each from a separate partition in storage or both at the same time in separate windows on the screen.
That's great to know. Thanks

OP
Z

zohaali146

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Depends entirely on your intended use. What is good for one person is not necessarily good for another. I can't ever see myself buying another Windows PC, because my Mac is part of an all-Apple system, and Windows lost any attraction it may once have had for me with the introduction of 8.

Over time, Macs work out to be cheaper than Windows machines. The useful life is around 8-10 years, meaning you can buy one around 3 years old at a decent discount and still expect to have a useable machine. Software tends to be cheaper, or even free. Pages, Numbers and Keynote replace MS Office reasonably well, but it's doubtful that they will ever become the preferred tool in a corporate environment.

macOS and iOS are becoming intertwined more and more. It's not beyond reason that in the near future iOS devices and macOS devices will, in fact, be running essentially the same operating system.

At the end of it, your best bet is to list what your requirements are and see what comes closest to meeting your expectations. In your position, I'd ask the same question on a Windows forum and see what responses you get. Between answers on Mac forums and answers on Windows forums, you should get an idea of what steers people to one system or the other.
Thanks a ton. that really is a detailed reply by you and really appreciate it. I am considering my choices now. May be its better to weigh down the future of technology rather than investing blindly into them.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Thanks a ton. that really is a detailed reply by you and really appreciate it. I am considering my choices now. May be its better to weigh down the future of technology rather than investing blindly into them.

Hello Zohaali... - you've already received a number of excellent posts and I'm coming in late to your thread, but a little about my own switch from using PCs/Windows for decades, then switching to Apple products starting w/ an iPad 2 in 2011 when I retired - now own 3 Mac computers (2 are laptops), 2 iPads, and an iPhone; plus, an Apple Extreme router.

Quoted below are two lists related to my feelings w/ our complete migration to Apple - the reasons we switched are often mentioned by others; there have been a few minor disappointments for me - I loved Access for my databases and still have not found a macOS substitute, especially for the printouts of 2 LARGE music collections; yes, as already mentioned I could run Windows on my iMac, but would involve buying virtual machine software (e.g. Parallels; would not want to use Boot Camp), a copy of Windows, and also a copy of MS Office w/ Access (or possibly using MS cloud services, if possible - have not checked).

Finally, there are some excellent recent reviews comparing PCs to Macs - just a few - LINK 1 - LINK 2 - LINK 3 - good luck! Dave :)

Reasons We Switched to Apple
  1. Retired and no longer needed to be compatible with work PC/Windows
  2. Wanted to be free from Windows AV software expenses & risks
  3. Liked Apple engineering, quality, and excellent support reputation
  4. Impressed with the ‘bundled’ software and absence of bloatware
  5. Enjoyed ease of internet setup with an Apple Airport Extreme router
  6. Impressed with ongoing integration of macOS & iOS Apple devices
Few Disappointments or Minor Complaints
  1. Apple hardware is expensive (although software much less so)
  2. More plentiful and powerful Windows software (e.g. no Access)
  3. Updating/upgrading macOS & iOS devices occur too often for me
  4. Malware including ransomware becoming more of a problem

Most reactions

Latest posts