What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Just updated to 3.2.1

thomo45

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all,

Just updated my firmware after being prompted after connecting to iTunes and now i have a few issues.

A few aps that previously worked with no problem now either don't load at all or won't work and close themselves back to to my home screen.

Any one had similar problems and is it just a case of the app authors needing to update the app to support the the latest firmware.

Im a UK user if that makes any difference.

Cheers,
Paul

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wonderful. I am deciding if I even wanna update due to all the warm and fuzzy experiences some are experiencing.

Richard, I love your siggy!

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My iPad isn't jailbroken (and never has been) and my update to 3.2.1 went without a hitch. I'm just sayin'....

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My iPad isn't jailbroken (and never has been) and my update to 3.2.1 went without a hitch. I'm just sayin'....

Okay ~ so enlighten me. Folks who JB their ipad, don't need to update?
Its not that they don't need to update, THEY CAN'T or they will lose their jailbreak... for now. The folks who do the jailbreak program are still playing catch-up with the latest version of the iOS, but I am sure they are diligently working on it.

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Its not that they don't need to update, THEY CAN'T or they will lose their jailbreak... for now. The folks who do the jailbreak program are still playing catch-up with the latest version of the iOS, but I am sure they are diligently working on it.

Oh. I learn so much here. From you. Is it worth it to JB? I guess some think so. This guy I work with, was playing with my ipad at our staff meeting, and the first thing he asked was "can you JB this Marie?"

I said YUP. Not really knowing what the hell it was! He said he JB his iphone too.

locus

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had mine jail break did the update did not notice anything different, i do miss the jailbreak, as soon as. It is out I will do it again

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Oh. I learn so much here. From you. Is it worth it to JB? I guess some think so. This guy I work with, was playing with my ipad at our staff meeting, and the first thing he asked was "can you JB this Marie?"

I said YUP. Not really knowing what the hell it was! He said he JB his iphone too.
You are so sweet!

To jailbreak or not to jailbreak, that's the $64,000 question. For me, the answer is no. I really am just a casual iPadder. For me, its not a "business productivity tool". It is 100% for entertainment. I "upgraded" form an iPod Touch to an iPad primarily to read books and everything else is a bonus. Yeah, I am a major gadget freak and there is a lot of really neat stuff I could be doing with my iPad, but I try to have a life outside of this computer stuff. I will admit that I jailbroke my iPod Touch before I put iOS4 on it and played with it for a couple of days. To be honest, nothing I saw made me say, "Wow! This is really the shiznit!" I put iOS4 on my iPod and that will most likely be the sum total of my jailbreaking experience.

There are a lot of people who say things like, "Its MY iPad and I'll be damned if Steve Jobs is going to tell me what I can and can not put on something I own!" Well I guess I am just not that a passionate about getting stuff "off-site" for my iPad.

I work on highly complex industrial machinery (on the graveyard shift) that is, of course, driven by computers. By the time I get home in the morning, fiddling with computers is usually the last thing I want to do!

j0yful

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I updated mine, and I don't know if I'm alone on this one. But I didn't notice any difference.

jamescary

iPF Noob
Reaction score
New firmware woes...

Hi all,

Just updated my firmware after being prompted after connecting to iTunes and now i have a few issues.

A few aps that previously worked with no problem now either don't load at all or won't work and close themselves back to to my home screen.

Any one had similar problems and is it just a case of the app authors needing to update the app to support the the latest firmware.

Im a UK user if that makes any difference.

Cheers,
Paul

I haven't updated yet, but I probably should. With your app woes, try contacting the developers, as a developer, I KNOW I'd want to know people are having issues.

Most reactions

Latest posts