What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

hey all

chunk1982

iPF Noob
Reaction score
im paul im 28 from the uk and i got my 1st 32gb ipad yesterday (06/05/2011) my 1st apple device ever, yest thats right i dont even own an ipod
now i linked my pad and itunes but told it not to auto update and turns out my pad is running 3.2.2 (7B500)
now should i update to a newer firmware before i start jailbreaking it? if so what firmware version do you recommend?
if i update firmware what do i gain or lose,if anything? also is it true that after jailbreaking you lose functions? if so what?
after a quick read im thinking unteathered is what i want for ease of use so what is the safest, ultra noob friendly process?

many thanks in advance

paul

p,s im now just about to flash a new custom gingerbread rom to my desire hd but dont hate on me because its android i got enough love for both os :D

ipad 7

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello

Welcome Paul.
Sorry I can't help you but if you contact Tim from Scotland, he will be able to fix you up.
Cheers

OP
C

chunk1982

iPF Noob
Reaction score
well iv decided to update to 4.3.3 via itunes then use redsn0w to jailbreak as the only reason i want to jailbreak it is for xbmc but that requires 4.1+
my pad is downloading the update via itunes as we speak so wish me luck :D
will report back once iv finshed or failed lol

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Here's the welcome from 'Tim in Scotland' but it's probably Leigh, our jail breaking expert you want to 'speak to'. I'll move this thread to jail breaking and hopefully he'll see it...

Good to hear from you. You’ll find a whole bunch of iPad enthusiasts in this Forum who are only too willing to help other iPad owners and to hear of their experiences. Don’t be afraid to post any questions you may have or use the ‘Search’ button near the top of the Forum web page. I usually find I discover one new interesting and useful piece of information about my iPad every day - and often not even what I was looking for!!

Hope to hear from you soon with your thoughts about the iPad.

Have fun and enjoy your iPad

If you don’t already have it you can download a copy of the iPad manual for free.

Apple - Support - Manuals

Please read the rules too!!

http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rules-help-info/2119-forum-rules-everybody-please-read.html

Tim
Scotland

OP
C

chunk1982

iPF Noob
Reaction score
updated to 4.3.3 via itunes then used the redsn0w process and got it done 1st time with zero issues :D cant believe how easy it was

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
updated to 4.3.3 via itunes then used the redsn0w process and got it done 1st time with zero issues :D cant believe how easy it was

Glad you got it all done on your own! It IS easy isn't it! That's why we have worked so hard on the sticky threads...

Tell all your friends! Jailbreak now.. LOL.

Most reactions

Latest posts