What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I've still to update to iOS6 or should I wait a bit longer.

OP
L

Lunar

Many thanks for your thoughts and opinions regarding the update. I have decided to remain with 5.1.1. At least fot the time being. I could never understand why Apple make it so difficult or impossible to go back to the previous version, to allow just a couple days to revert back is crazy. What's their reasons for doing this ? Other than forcing us all onto a common platform.

Many thanks again.

rcoresco

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I got a new iPad 3 recently. However, I will stick with ios5. I like to have google maps & YouTube app. I am skeptical about potential wifi issues some upgrades experience. Besides, ios5 works perfectly fine.

rcoresco

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I decided to stay with iOS 5 foe my iPad 3. I like google map & youtube app. I am skeptical of potential wifi issues other upgrades have experienced. besides, iOS 5 works perfectly fine.

tx00824

iPF Noob
Reaction score
rcoresco said:
I decided to stay with iOS 5 foe my iPad 3. I like google map & youtube app. I am skeptical of potential wifi issues other upgrades have experienced. besides, iOS 5 works perfectly fine.

Good call, I am staying with no5 until I can have proper google map app and YouTube too. Another 2 months possibly but I don't complain

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
ipadannefin said:
I will wait until apple come up with a new map app:D

That won't happen anytime soon. What you will see are tweaks and updates for the maps app to correct problems and enhance performance.

rcoresco

iPF Noob
Reaction score
scifan57 said:
That won't happen anytime soon. What you will see are tweaks and updates for the maps app to correct problems and enhance performance.

I agree, apple won't update anytime soon. However, I hear google might come up with the app in Dec.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
rcoresco said:
I agree, apple won't update anytime soon. However, I hear google might come up with the app in Dec.

All we can do is wait and see about a possible Google maps app. Google have not said a thing about any future maps app for iOS.

NakedFaerie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I would NOT update to ios6 if I was you. It sucks.

I got the ipad3 4G 64gb and it was awesome on 5.1.1 and now on ios6 is slow and laggy. If I could downgrade I would straight away.
It's got the worst maps app ever, it's so laggy you get really annoyed with it quickly, none of the new features are good as a jailbroken 5.1.1 is HEAPS better than ios6.
Oh, and battery life is ruined. I get about half the life now.

If there was a way to downgrade I would, do NOT update to ios6. Either stay on5.1.1 and be really happy or wait for the next ios6.01 or 6.1.

I updated not realising the resigning time ended the previous day and I didn't now the ipad3 couldn't be downgraded. If I knew that I wouldn't have updated.
The only thing good is Siri works but it also did with a jailbreak app.

I miss Cydia and SSH.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
NakedFaerie said:
I would NOT update to ios6 if I was you. It sucks.

I got the ipad3 4G 64gb and it was awesome on 5.1.1 and now on ios6 is slow and laggy. If I could downgrade I would straight away.
It's got the worst maps app ever, it's so laggy you get really annoyed with it quickly, none of the new features are good as a jailbroken 5.1.1 is HEAPS better than ios6.
Oh, and battery life is ruined. I get about half the life now.

If there was a way to downgrade I would, do NOT update to ios6. Either stay on5.1.1 and be really happy or wait for the next ios6.01 or 6.1.

I updated not realising the resigning time ended the previous day and I didn't now the ipad3 couldn't be downgraded. If I knew that I wouldn't have updated.
The only thing good is Siri works but it also did with a jailbreak app.

I miss Cydia and SSH.

I've got news for you. As long as you have the correct blobs saved you can now downgrade to iOS 5.1.1 from iOS 6. Check out this thread.
http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-hacking/91527-ipad-2-iso6-downgrade-iso-5-1-1-a.html

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
NakedFaerie said:
Yea, tried it and it still doesn't downgrade. I have my SHSH for 5.1.1 and still RedSn0w refuses to do anything with the iPad3.3

You also need blobs for iOS 4.x.

NakedFaerie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You also need blobs for iOS 4.x.
As I said it WONT work for the iPad 3 as that NEVER had IOS4 so you cant get the SHSH for IOS4 on iPAD3.

AND the new RedSn0w hates the iPad3. In previous RedSn0w versions you can do things with the iPad3 but the latest you cant.
I can stitch SHSH into the IPSW file but the latest cant. I can try to restore the stitched file in previous versions but the latest wont it just refuses to even load that file.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
NakedFaerie said:
As I said it WONT work for the iPad 3 as that NEVER had IOS4 so you cant get the SHSH for IOS4 on iPAD3.

AND the new RedSn0w hates the iPad3. In previous RedSn0w versions you can do things with the iPad3 but the latest you cant.
I can stitch SHSH into the IPSW file but the latest cant. I can try to restore the stitched file in previous versions but the latest wont it just refuses to even load that file.

It's probably the A5X chip on the iPad 3 that prevents downgrading at this time. No choice but to wait for further developments.

Most reactions

Latest posts