What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iTunes update

barriejohn69

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've downloaded the update onto my pc with out thinking. Should I not sync my jail broken iPhone and iPad for a while? Don't want to cock things up

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
no do not sync with iTunes 9.2 if you have used the spirit jailbreak. It will put the device into an infinite loop.

Up until now people have been able to recover from these infinite loops, but im not going to test out apples latest attempt to stop jailbreaking with my device. I'll wait a while and see what the outcome is and how easy this is to correct.

OR you could perform a restore from a PC that hasnt upgraded to itunes 9.2 yet bringing it to factory settings. Then sync with your computer that has 9.2 and wait for a spirit jailbreak.

Last edited:

josun

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Actually, it looks like the reports are saying that if it's not jailbroken one should not attempt to jailbreak using the new version of iTunes. (restore) So, if you are already jailbroken, you should be fine. I have the new version of iTunes and had no issues with syncing on both my iphone and ipad.

bolinao

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Would it be possible to uninstall 9.2 and then install 9.1 again ??

Ripplinghurst

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Another thread on this? People don't search? This is getting tiresome. I wish mods be more active and combine/delete threads.

If you'd search, you'd know that I have installed 9.2 (spirit j/b) no issues. If you have a different experience, you could post on that thread.

OP
B

barriejohn69

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Another thread on this? People don't search? This is getting tiresome. I wish mods be more active and combine/delete threads.

If you'd search, you'd know that I have installed 9.2 (spirit j/b) no issues. If you have a different experience, you could post on that thread.

And what date was your thread? I did a search and found a lot of conflicting responses. No one likes a smart arse at the best of times.

Most reactions