What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help . Jailbroken ipad 2 query

Pixiepix

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I updated My ITunes on my laptop computer which is where is I sync all my music and photos from. The problem is that my Ipad2 is jail broken (only way to go if u want decent apps in South Africa with the limited access). Now when I connected the newly updated iTunes (laptop) to my iPad 2 which has not been updated with the new IOS ( hoping and waiting for the jail broken update). The computer instructed restore settings!! Worried I will lose all that I have set up on my iPad and now of course I couldn't sync photos. Question is ..... Can I take my laptop back to the old iTunes until the iPad update comes through ??? Thanks. Cheers

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Although it's not the answer to your question (my iPad isn't JB) you can always open multiple iTunes accounts in other countries to widen the choice of apps that you can download.

Tim

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
when you say you "updated My iTunes", how did you do that exactly? If you just installed the latest version, nothing should have changed. Being jailbroken makes NO difference.

OP
Pixiepix

Pixiepix

iPF Noob
Reaction score
f4780y said:
when you say you "updated My iTunes", how did you do that exactly? If you just installed the latest version, nothing should have changed. Being jailbroken makes NO difference.

I only updated iTunes on the laptop (to latest version10) when I powered up iTunes it prompted me with "update to latest version" .... So I did Took ages but didnt see any huge changes aside from a new safari icon on the desktop (not there previously)
Only when I tried to sync photos with iPad and laptop was I prompted by iTunes to restore my iPad settings !! Jailbreak iPad. Eish. Sometimes I wonder if doing that was the bright way to go :(

Most reactions

Latest posts