What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Backup and upgrade

golanster

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello everyone
I have jail broken my iPad with greenpoisen.
I want to upgrade to the latest os and wondering how to backup
I did a backup with iTunes and to my suprise not all of my apps are synced.
***** EDIT ***** some free apps and paid apps are not showing on iTunes.
How can I get my apps synced and backed up for restore after system update?
And what Is the best jb option for the latest os?
Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
G

golanster

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi
I saw that guide you posted, very informative and helpful
Still my problem is that after I backup with iTunes I don't see all of my apps there
Just an example: I see dropbox but no smurfs.
Any ideas?

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Provided the apps are all legitimate and purchased / downloaded through the App store then they should re-sync. Make sure all the apps are ticked to install by looking at the "Apps" tab within iTunes on your desktop when the iPad is connected and selected in the panel on the left. Apps must be ticked to be installed, then press "sync".

OP
G

golanster

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes. The two I mentioned are legit and were downloaded through app store on the iPad.
When I tick the apps on iTunes the apps storage drops from five giga to one and I'm afraid to let it sync like that so I would lose all the data
And I don't see them on the left

Last edited:

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
If you don't see them on the left (i.e. in iTunes) then you need to "transfer purchases". Right click on your iPad in iTunes and choose transfer purchases. This will move all the apps you have downloaded from the App store on iPad from your iPad to iTunes.

Most reactions