What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Saving apps with an upgrade

Java

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just bought a jail broken iPad. It is running 3.2 . I'd like to install the latest apple updates and at this point don't really need the advantages of a jail broken iPad (after I master apple I will think about learning about jailbreaking).

Can I simply do the update from apple and that will clear the jail break?
Since I have not yet done a backup to iTunes will I lose the apple app that have been downloaded from the apple app store?
Will I experience any problems if I do a backup to iTunes, install the Apple update then do a restore from iTunes.
I'Ve got some apps from the Apple app Store that the previous owner installed and would like to keep them (I assume since I didn't purchase the apps through my account I I can't download them again at no charge).
Thanks for any advise.
Java

sch

iPF Noob
Reaction score
OK, I'll have a go at this:

Can I simply do the update from apple and that will clear the jail break?

- Yes

Since I have not yet done a backup to iTunes will I lose the apple app that have been downloaded from the apple app store?

- No, app etc purchases are associated with your Apple account, not the hardware.

Will I experience any problems if I do a backup to iTunes, install the Apple update then do a restore from iTunes.

- No, in fact iTunes will do a backup first, then update the OS.

I'Ve got some apps from the Apple app Store that the previous owner installed and would like to keep them (I assume since I didn't purchase the apps through my account I I can't download them again at no charge).

- Those apps belong to the previous owner's account, so they will not transfer to you and will be deleted.

Cheers,

Most reactions

Latest posts