What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iTunes syncing issues 4.2 GM

OP
M

macguyincali

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well, I got to the bottom of my problem. It was a corrupt backup. I located the backup file: ~/library/application support/mobilesync and then moved it out of the folder. Then it backed up fine, after a longish backup.

sdf34sdf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am facing similar issues - I updated my ipad to 4.2.1 on Thursday and it worked fine until then (jailbroken with resn0w). Today I wanted to sync it and it sits there since 45min and the progress is only like 20%ish

I am running Windows 7 Professional and as I said 4.2.1 jailbroken with redsn0w

What shall I do - delete the old backup files or just let it sit there for hours?

sdf34sdf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am facing similar issues - I updated my ipad to 4.2.1 on Thursday and it worked fine until then (jailbroken with resn0w). Today I wanted to sync it and it sits there since 45min and the progress is only like 20%ish

I am running Windows 7 Professional and as I said 4.2.1 jailbroken with redsn0w

What shall I do - delete the old backup files or just let it sit there for hours?

Ok to quote myself - I deleted the backups in the iTunes backup folder and after that it worked fine!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

geo85

iPF Noob
Reaction score
fix for upgrade to 4.2.1 hanging, backup fails

If you use a wireless connection when upgrading, syncing, or even using iTunes, it can be very slow because iTunes is always accessing the web and is very poor at recovering from the slightest signal disruption. Apple cust svc suggested using a direct connection, and it completely corrected this set of problems for me. Upgrades and syncing now are fast and finish in minutes, and iTunes loads very fast (v.s very slow with a wireless connection).

Mary Hughes

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have just registered on this forum. I have a problem with my i pad. I recently downloaded the new software to my 64, wifi/3g ipad and now I am having a problem syncing with my computer. When I connect the pad to my computer it nolonger show up in the left colum of itunes - it syncs photos but does not syn music - when I open the ipod there is a message in the centre of the screen saying Canceling Sync... and at the bottom of the screen it says Syncing. I am not sure what has happened or how to correct the problem and would appreciate any help that anyone can provide

Most reactions

Latest posts