What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iTunes Cannot Sync Apps to Ipad

Kerean

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi guys.

Recently I have been facing this problem; my iTunes can no longer add new apps to my iPad. On iTunes, it shows as having been downloaded and installed on the iPad whilst on the iPad, it shows the app icon reflected as "Waiting".

When syncing with iTunes, I notice that the last step it reaches is "Determining Apps to Sync" and then the whole process just ends; so it suggests that somewhere along this process, the sync got aborted. Reboots of the iPad and itunes do not solve this problem.

On a separate note, apps downloaded on the iPad sync correctly to the computer (iTunes) but apps downloaded via iTunes can't sync to the iPad.

If I use the iPhone Configuration Utility to install the IPAs directly, it also works.

Something's wrong with iTunes somewhere...

OP
K

Kerean

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi there,

Thanks for your input, but that thread seems to be for people who cannot download via the appstore on their ipad, whilst they can on itunes.

Mine is just the opposite (see first post); on App Store it works, using iPHone Config Utility works, it is only using iTunes I cant get it syncing. ibooks also can't sync, not only apps.

For Apps, I am using the Iphone Config Utility, for ebooks I now use Calibre direct. But these are just workarounds until i can figure out why itunes can't work!

Midranger4

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The waiting status is indicative of an orphaned iTunes download whether it be an app, podcast, etc.

Try the steps described in the thread referenced and let us know the results.

OP
K

Kerean

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've tried the logging in and out thing but doesn't work....how do I check if there's an orphaned iTunes download?

And it seems like nowadays I don't even get the "Waiting" anymore, the apps just refuse to get synced from iTunes to the iPad

Semel

iPF Novice
Reaction score
In your restriction settings,is everything turned on like in the photo?

Attachments

• image-1446530424.jpg
    image-1446530424.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 2,801
OP
K

Kerean

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks Semel. I just cehcked and note that my restrictions are turned "Off"; ie all of the items above are greyed. Should I be doing something different?

becakmayat

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've solved my problem. It was the the application called what's app I installed into my ipad. The whats app alone is okay and fully functional but after I unistall it, I could now sync my ipad with my itunes.

OP
K

Kerean

iPF Noob
Reaction score
For whatsapp/whatspad, I had that problem before, and reinstalling it solves the issue with sync. In that case, iTunes pops up an error message correct? In my case, there is no error message popped up.

Candaceth0mas

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi! Did you ever find out what to do? I'm encountering the same problem today. I did everything possible, well except for restoring. I'm hoping you could help me. Please, please, tell me there's another way aside from restoring. Heres a recap of what i did so far so I rebooted(several times), deleted every app in the multitask and rebooted, restored to original settings, changed my password, changed my payment info, turned off my restriction, turned on my 'automatically sync new apps, etc., finished all incomplete downloads in my pc, synced and still nothing happened, what's so bad is the fact that it's downloading in my pc but not syncing/installing in my iPad2. I'm literally going nuts over this.. PLEASE HELP! Hoping you have the answer. Or somebody pleeeeaaaaseee.. Thanks you so much.

syarifah

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How to activate the iTunes...when I click the icon it "shows term n condition"...one more thing how to download for whatsapp..I've searched for many times but there is no icon for whatsapp to be download...

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
syarifah said:
How to activate the iTunes...when I click the icon it "shows term n condition"...one more thing how to download for whatsapp..I've searched for many times but there is no icon for whatsapp to be download...

When you get the terms and conditions then you need to agree to them, there should either be a button in front of you to do this with or you'll need to scroll down to the bottom of the page (window) to do this.

Are you jailbroken? If not then I don't think that you can get whatsapp.

The Archangel

syarifah

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Where is the agree button?i've searched for many times..but there is no agree button...sorry..i am a new user for iPad...so I need time to get use for all those applications...

Most reactions

Latest posts