What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Apps missing in iTunes and no sync

snowbound

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had installed a couple of free apps via iTunes on my Windows computer and synced my iPad2 5.0.1 multiple times and the apps never showed up on the iPad. I looked in iTunes and under the Apps for iTunes the Sync Apps is greyed out. If I click on the Sync Apps check box in iTunes I am warned that the Apps and their data on the iPad will be removed and replaced by the two new apps I installed via iTunes today, which appear to be the only apps in iTunes desktop. HELP!

P.S. I have image backups of my hard drive from each day.

I noticed that in a backup that the ITunes folder in all places in My Music folder has all of the apps that were on the iPad. Is the best way to fix this is to restore this directory from a backup of that folder or do a I restore from a backup from within iTunes ?

What about the apps since last iTunes or hard drive backup? Am I sol for being able to install those apps??

OP
S

snowbound

iPF Noob
Reaction score
snowbound said:
I noticed that in a backup that the ITunes folder in all places in My Music folder has all of the apps that were on the iPad. Is the best way to fix this is to restore this directory from a backup of that folder or do a I restore from a backup from within iTunes ?

What about the apps since last iTunes or hard drive backup? Am I sol for being able to install those apps??

I was able to fix this by restoring a backup of the iTunes folder in MyMusic folder which I found out also contains all of my apps not just my music. Also was able to fix another problem I have been having with all of my music being duplicated in iTunes. This required creating 2 static playlists and 1 smart playlist as mentioned here http://paulmayne.org/blog/2007/11/how-to-remove-broken-or-dead-tracks-from-itunes/

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts