What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Its official, some new iPads have problems

doggyranger

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Since I'm using the same iTunes to sync to my iPad 1 and iPhone 4s I would classify it as an iPad issue.

If I dragged a folder to my desktop in Windows, and select only that folder, all pictures sync. If I move the folder back to my pictures, It doesn't work.

Content is pictures only, no video.

Latest iTunes 10.6 is installed. Booted many times with the same result.

I wouldn't think that's an iPad problem. It sounds more like an iTunes problem. What are the symptoms? What type of collection is it - does it include music, video ?
Do you have the latest version of iTunes installed? Have you tried rebooting both your computer and the iPad?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

ElderDruid

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Personally, I'm on my 7th new iPad, and this one's going back tonight as well.

Won't accept any unit until I'm 100% happy with it....not 90%, not 95%, not 99%.

Returned 3 yesterday alone...backlight bleeding, bad WiFi, and especially the home button, which seems to be a particular challenge for their QA.

PaulCarleton

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ElderDruid said:

Won't accept any unit until I'm 100% happy with it....not 90%, not 95%, not 99%.

Returned 3 yesterday alone...backlight bleeding, bad WiFi, and especially the home button, which seems to be a particular challenge for their QA.

Ladies and gentlemen, we have another Proxy By Munchhausen!

augustya

iPF Novice
Reaction score

That is the spirit Man :p Way to go ! :D

PaulCarleton

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ElderDruid said:
Lol, nothing is imagined here.

They have the Genius Bar people look at the units I return and agree with me.

I'm sorry nobody's that unlucky. You're never going to be happy if you simply are always going to be doing a side-by-side comparison of your iPad 2. The screen calibration alone, you'll never find another one that'll match it. No two will come out of the factory identical to any other and they're always going to be slightly off. You have to get something like the Spyder calibration tool to get your monitors to match.

And your iPad 2 is not 100% perfect I can tell you it's probably not calibrated right you are just used to it. Have you looked at it with a color analyzer to see if it's properly calibrated to industry spec? I doubt it.

And please, the kids at the Genius Bar are no geniuses. They have a no questions asked return policy that they can't violate.

Wolfpuppies3

iPF Noob
Reaction score
One man's trash is another's treasure

One man's "issues" are non existent to another

Get's hot - sure, CR says it can reach 94 degrees F with normal use. Less than body temperature. Under heavy extended gaming use with screen set to brightest, and only while plugged it, it could reach 116 Degrees (according to the same testing source). The MB Pro I am typing this on is working at 130 degrees. Yawn.

My battery depletes at about the same rate as my iPad 2. Sorry about yours, you may have a lemon there. As to the charge/discharge cycle, Apple explained that pretty well. That is the design of all iOS devices so as to allow you to leave it plugged in for extended periods of time. Yawn.

4G costs around 50 cents per minute. You want to play, you must pay. No surprise at all there. Use 3G unless you really really need the 4G for a specific project. We all whined about wanting the speed of 4G knowing full well that it cost a lot more. Now we have it and some are shocked that it costs exactly what we knew it would? Ho hum.

Dead pixels - as stated, dead pixels happen. On all devices. Where is the shock and awe there?

It may break if you drop it. Duh. Don't drop it.

Smartcover - non issue, Apple told us about that and I simply ordered a new smart cover with my new iPad. Problem solved before it ever was a problem.

iOS security issue - of course, that's why software and OS's are constantly updated. You do update yours, no?

PaulCarleton

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm tired of people saying it gets hot, it doesn't get hot. It may get warm. My iPhone 4S is a lot warmer than my iPad 3 ever gets! And even then it's warm, not "hot".

zphone

iPF Noob
Reaction score

You my friend may just happen to be the unluckiest man alive. I could understand a couple of units being off, but 7 in a row - and very unlikely to be from the same shipment considering the time spread it must have taken to return and replace....

Or is the store just keeping the one you returned and giving it back to you when you go to trade it in.. :D

Mikekan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ZERO heating, ZERO screen bleeding and no dead pixels in an iPad 3 32gb + 4g!

Tested in a dark room....

Sent from my iPad using iPF

ElderDruid

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Now on my 9th one and about to return that as well. Blemishes under the glass on this one AND number 8...easily demonstrated to the folks in the store....sigh...it's becoming a personal crusade at this point.

Most reactions

Latest posts