What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Problem with second new iPad - seek return again?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gordon49

iPF Noob
Reaction score
After getting a new one replaced because of something loose inside it. I now have an issue with this second one. There seems to be a speck of dust under the screen and I have a definite single dead pixel that is black. So should I go back to the store again for a new one? I'm starting to get very frustrated with this iPad. :(

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
It is up to you. If it bothers you, you might as well. Be sure to check the next one before leaving the store.

taylor.sheridan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If I spend this much money on an iPad, I want it perfect, or at least as perfect as it can be, so I would definitely return it

OP
G

Gordon49

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yeah that's what I figured. I will. But yet again apple annoys me because they have an "issue" with the system and I can't make an appointment until next Monday - when I'm away on holiday! And the system must be used to make an appointment. The man was very friendly last time. But apple are messing me around. The woman on the phone showed no remorse when I said it was a second problem, again! Now I just think that's poor. I really can't be coming back and forth to reading all the time - no she didn't care. Stupid woman. Anyway, thanks as always for your help, I'll let you know how I get on. I may well ask for a refund this time instead. This is a joke.

iDuffer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I returned my iPad2 3 times when I bought it. When I say returned, I did what the previous poster
mentioned, I opened each one and inspected it in the store. I then showed the staff what problem I was having.
Dead pixels on all, apart from the one I walked away with.

OP
G

Gordon49

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok that's a sensible idea, but surely for something this expensive the majority of the time they should be perfect? There seems to be so many issues with the iPad. Rather than be returning constantly and checking that they work each time, I really shouldnt need to be worrying like this.

mwhartman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Folks, I understand that when one purchases a product one expects the product to have passed quality control and perform as advertised.

What I do not understand is why one post these issues here when we are not in a position to rectify. To me the solution is very simple and clear. Contact Apple! Apple is the only one that can correct.

We are here to help but our expertise is not able to revolve "something loose" or a dead pixel.

Therefore, this thread is closed!!!!!

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts