What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Its official, some new iPads have problems

augustya

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I would never buy an item in a box without examining it and testing it thoroughly in some countries

Yes so even they let you examine and thoroughly test it but only after you have determined that you want to go with 'A' particular Box. You cant open two New Sealed iPad Boxes at the same time is what I am saying...

AnonymousNoOne

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That is bull, apple should show people in other countries more respect than that! I'm sorry for how a American company is treating you guy's!   ☣ ☣ ☢ ☢

augustya

iPF Novice
Reaction score
That is bull, apple should show people in other countries more respect than that! I'm sorry for how a American company is treating you guy's!   ☣ ☣ ☢ ☢

Well It is a Complex issue Largely to do with the Government Policies with the Government of India, that they do not allow any Foreign Direct Investment. Apple would be more than glad to provide its exclusive services in India, But they would always have this excuse to them, what do we do ? It is the Indian Government because of its policies that stop us from giving this exclusive treatment & priviligies that we would like to give otherwise to all our customers worldwide.

Last edited:

AnonymousNoOne

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The India government should step it up for the people. Try getting smart people like you together and peacefully talk to your government. I would love to see the rise of India to be a great nation of world. You guy's are rising now, I would love to see it in next 10-15 years time. you are very loving and peaceful people of the world.  

PaulCarleton

iPF Noob
Reaction score
AnonymousNoOne said:

Well we've all wondered where all the returns go... They go to the Apple Graveyard or in other words, repackaged and sold for new in India, where they are stuck with them.

Sorry Vish, I couldn't resist... ;). (we don't know where the graveyard is...)

PS. The policy in India is not a problem caused by an "American Company" but that of the local Government, which is in this case is the Indian Government not having consumer protections in place. That and the lack of free competition that keeps companies honest or the customer goes someplace else.

vish26

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well we've all wondered where all the returns go... They go to the Apple Graveyard or in other words, repackaged and sold for new in India, where they are stuck with them.

Sorry Vish, I couldn't resist... ;). (we don't know where the graveyard is...)

PS. The policy in India is not a problem caused by an "American Company" but that of the local Government, which is in this case is the Indian Government not having consumer protections in place. That and the lack of free competition that keeps companies honest or the customer goes someplace else.

No my friend u r mistaken, none of the products sold in India are refurbished or used products including Apple, IBM, DELL, HP, Samsung nor they are dumped in India as a dumping ground or graveyard as u call it, they are directly shipped out of China. Since u brought up this issue let me give u an example India is the second biggest market of cellphones after China, so in that sense a lot of products available are not even available in any part of the world including America. Yes it is because of the Policy of Indian Government that a Foreign company like Apple cannot sell its products directly in India but that policy is basically to safeguard the interest of Indian Manufacturers and sellers.

tazz3

iPF Novice
Reaction score
yesterday the local news had a story about the new ipads wifi not working as well as the ipad2

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
yesterday the local news had a story about the new ipads wifi not working as well as the ipad2

I've seen reports of this...it was also said these problem existed on previous models too. I got the impression it is some kind of software bug. I have not had any problems with my wifi at home or work. Seem as good or better even, than my wifi only iPad 2. Of course, this is a different device...and the wifi only model doesn't have the RF window like the 4G version does, so it could be that they wifi only model of the new iPad performs worse because of some of the internal changes inside the new iPad. However, Apple as spent big bucks on their antenna testing facilities, so I find this notion highly suspect.

OP
Seadog

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
For the guys from India and similar countries, there is nothing we or Apple can do about your government's policies. Nor do we have a right to tell you what is right or wrong for your nation. Remember one thing though, Americans are a nation that loves to gripe. A favorite saying is about a person who would gripe if he was hung with a new rope. It does not do well in translation to other cultures, but in many ways it is accurate. The sauing goes back centuries, but today it means an incessant complainer, or a person that is so busy griping about the small things, they ignore the overall picture.

The iPad is a great piece of equipment. Despite all the naysayers here, very few have any real problems. Many read some negative comment from a writer with a need to put everyone down, or cannot keep an audience without creating trouble. Then they go and look for problems they never would have noticed without the media egging them on.

Plus, when you come on here, the happy users are drowned out by those who are panic stricken that they may have a problem, and trolls who have nothing better to do than to aggitate those they feel inferior to. Look carefully at the statements some people make, and notice they can be full of spite and anger. Forums like this are anonymous, and as such can invite remarks that would get people shunned or punched in actual conversations. As moderators, we must give every person the full benefit of presumption that their intent is beneficial. When we see any signs of disrespect, we try to remove it immediately.

I cannot tell you that you will not have a problem with a new iPad, just that it is highly unlikely. If you wait until the manufacturing stabilizes, the chances of a bad iPad gets even smaller. Do not get put off by what you read here. Our perspectives are limited. How many tales have you heard about some idiot being arrested, screaming "I'm an American, I know my rights!". Some of those idiots are here too.

BTW, the joke about rejected iPads going to India is not true. They go to Pakistan.:D

Last edited:

exile

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Seadog said:
Plus, when you come on here, the happy users are drowned out by those who are panic stricken that they may have a problem, and trolls who have nothing better to do than to aggitate those they feel inferior to. Look carefully at the statements some people make, and notice they can be full of spite and anger. Forums like this are anonymous, and as such can invite remarks that would get people shunned or punched in actual conversations. As moderators, we must give every person the full benefit of presumption that their intent is beneficial. When we see any signs of disrespect, we try to remove it immediately.

Could not have said it any better

PaulCarleton

iPF Noob
Reaction score
vish26 said:
No my friend u r mistaken, none of the products sold in India are refurbished or used products including Apple, IBM, DELL, HP, Samsung nor they are dumped in India as a dumping ground or graveyard as u call it, they are directly shipped out of China....

Vish. I was joking! ;)

OP
Seadog

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
As per the charging issues reported and made a big deal about, here is Apple's response. I would think they know more than some so-called expert looking for his 15 minutes of the spotlight.

So, here’s how things work: Apple does in fact display the iPad (and iPhone and iPod Touch) as 100 percent charged just before a device reaches a completely charged state. At that point, it will continue charging to 100 percent, then discharge a bit and charge back up to 100 percent, repeating that process until the device is unplugged.

Doing so allows devices to maintain an optimum charge, Apple VP Michael Tchao told AllThingsD today.

“That circuitry is designed so you can keep your device plugged in as long as you would like,” Tchao said. “It’s a great feature that’s always been in iOS.”
Tchao notes that users can expect 10-hour battery life on the new iPad regardless of when in that trickle charge/discharge cycle they unplug their device, and that Apple intentionally displays the battery level at 100% throughout that cycle so as to not confuse consumers who might otherwise think their device is not completing charging correctly.

AnonymousNoOne

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I own the iPad 1, iPad 2, iPad 3. Never had one problem. I use my iPad 1 for this app, just gave my iPad 2 to my girl friend, just got my iPad 3. I work for a lawyer as a Private Investigator I Make very good money for my age.   ☣ ☣ ☢ ☢

johnbrock

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've gone through 8 iPad 3s this past week from two different stores. Every unit I returned because every one of them had very noticeable light bleed at least as bad as pictured here:
View attachment 12074

What was strange is that NONE Of the display units at either store had this problem.

That's the worst one I've seen of that kind of light leak. Mine has a couple of minor spots and I have to have it at more of an angle to see them. I'll probably keep it. But that, that's bad.

Most reactions

Latest posts