What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iSwifter issues

ByHisStripes

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've read many of the iswifter threads and haven't seen this discussed ...

I love the app, I have streamed sporting events and a TV show that does not play on other browsers. My issues are:

1. I had a program playing while I did work at my desk. After about 15 minutes iswifter closed down for inactivity. It doesn't recognize video playing as activity.

2. I went back the webpage I was at and restarted the video and the volume was out again. The volume has gone out several times in the past few days.

3. No bookmarks. Or am I just missing it?

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score

I love the app, I have streamed sporting events and a TV show that does not play on other browsers. My issues are:

1. I had a program playing while I did work at my desk. After about 15 minutes iswifter closed down for inactivity. It doesn't recognize video playing as activity.

2. I went back the webpage I was at and restarted the video and the volume was out again. The volume has gone out several times in the past few days.

In response to your first point, what do you have Autolock set to?

'Settings', 'General', 'Autolock' -> perhaps set to 'Never'?

I haven't used iSwifter, so I'll have to rely on other Forum members to suggest solutions to your other problems.

Tim
Scotland

Ajooba1982

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tim SPRACKLEN said:
In response to your first point, what do you have Autolock set to?

'Settings', 'General', 'Autolock' -> perhaps set to 'Never'?

I haven't used iSwifter, so I'll have to rely on other Forum members to suggest solutions to your other problems.

Tim
Scotland

There is no bookmark. Like the other user said, just turn auto lock off, and then the screen should not shut down. It seems that shutting down the screen messes up the audio, so if the ipad doesn't shuts down the screen In the first place, it won't happen

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ByHisStripes said:

I would suggest contacting the developer through the app store link, others on this forum have and he has been quick to get back with a positive reply.......let him know what you want and you never know, you might get it!

The Archangel

OP
B

ByHisStripes

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Before the browser shut off due to inactivity, I had indeed changed the screen setting to "never" sleep automatically, but again, it wasn't the screen sleeping, it was the browser's idea.

Thanks for the suggestion, I will trying contacting the developer.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Before the browser shut off due to inactivity, I had indeed changed the screen setting to "never" sleep automatically, but again, it wasn't the screen sleeping, it was the browser's idea.

OK - sorry for that - hope the developer is able to help.

Anyone else had this problem?

Just a last thought - probably no good - like most of my ideas - did you try to power your iPad completely off - i.e. not just the 'usual' sleep mode.....

OK - sorry....I'll go away - it's not been my most successful day today!! :)

Tim
Scotland

jake1974

iPF Noob
Reaction score
strange app. it plays flash, which is great, but doesn't do anything else. not even bookmarks. i wonder how they got it approved.

rksaraf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Fix coming soon

I know iSwifter submitted an update (v2.10) and waiting for it to get approved by Apple. This update will include longer inactivity times for browser along with bookmarks, clear history, and an audio bug fix.

A v3.0 is in the works with a plethora of new features and performance enhancements (I really wanted to use the word plethora).

Hope this helps.

Cspres

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello

I downloaded the swifter app few days ago and it is very slow with Facebook games. It will also kick you off quickly. Is this a problem with everyone? I am also wondering why it only works with the wi-fi and not the 3G?

tnbug

iPF Noob
Reaction score

OK - sorry for that - hope the developer is able to help.

Anyone else had this problem?

Just a last thought - probably no good - like most of my ideas - did you try to power your iPad completely off - i.e. not just the 'usual' sleep mode.....

OK - sorry....I'll go away - it's not been my most successful day today!! :)

Tim
Scotland

I did the suggested in settings same here no go. times out.
did contact but never heard back. hope this will be corrected.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts