What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Making my Ipad2 functional

srini

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just got a ipad2 and am struggling to get things done that I am accustomed to with my netbook. My idea was that I should be able to at least do the following.

1) Print to a USB printer. I see there is a program called Airprint Activator that can do this. But it requires my laptop to be turned on. I think I would just use my laptop to do the printing in such a case. Is there anything else

2) I got the AV adapter to connect to the TV for streaming videos. I however have to stand next to Tv to tap the screen etc. The wireless keyboard does not appear to perform any of these functions (is there a shortcut key equivalent to Alt-Tab or Tab in windows so i can use the keyboard). It is a deal breaker for this functionality if I have to stand next to the TV all the time.

3) Flash has been a big disappointment. I tried iswifter but it is not as smooth. It also does not appear to work with the remote keyboard.

Thanks for your help

Tarkio

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just got a ipad2 and am struggling to get things done that I am accustomed to with my netbook. My idea was that I should be able to at least do the following.

1) Print to a USB printer. I see there is a program called Airprint Activator that can do this. But it requires my laptop to be turned on. I think I would just use my laptop to do the printing in such a case. Is there anything else

2) I got the AV adapter to connect to the TV for streaming videos. I however have to stand next to Tv to tap the screen etc. The wireless keyboard does not appear to perform any of these functions (is there a shortcut key equivalent to Alt-Tab or Tab in windows so i can use the keyboard). It is a deal breaker for this functionality if I have to stand next to the TV all the time.

3) Flash has been a big disappointment. I tried iswifter but it is not as smooth. It also does not appear to work with the remote keyboard.

Thanks for your help

You can print wirelessly from the iPad with AirPrint, but I believe HP makes the only compatible printers at this time.

It's been a well-known fact that Apple does not support Flash on their mobile devices so you're on your own there. It sounds like you should have checked on all of this before buying the iPad. :)

NAYo2002

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I got the AV adapter to connect to the TV for streaming videos. I however have to stand next to Tv to tap the screen etc. The wireless keyboard does not appear to perform any of these functions (is there a shortcut key equivalent to Alt-Tab or Tab in windows so i can use the keyboard). It is a deal breaker for this functionality if I have to stand next to the TV all the time.

Awhile ago I saw a remote for the iPad. It's hard to search for it since everytime you search iPad remote, it gives you links to turn the iPad into a remote.

jasmynsway

iPF Novice
Reaction score
With AirPrint activator for windows you cant to just about any wireless printer, I think.

I'm not sure about the rest.

Most reactions