What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is there a way to reinstall an app without losing data?

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My wife is about 1/5 through Angry Birds HD and it keeps crashing...a LOT. I have it on my iPad and I am about 1/2 through and it has never crashed once. I can't figure out why, so I figured I'd ask if this could be done. We both have 64GB WiFi only iPads. And yes, the apps are paid for, not illegally downloaded through Installous.

Purpleorchid

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Does the force kill resolve the issue? While in Angry Birds, hold the power button, at the "Slide to power off" screen, press and hold Home instead until it boots you out of Angry Birds and back to the Home screen.

A long time ago, an app kept crashing on my iPhone. I did that force kill and it resolved the apps' constant crashing.

As for your question, I think a reestore of your backup is the only way to keep your saved data.

OP
M

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yeah but then that backup would restore the problems with the app, theoretically...I'll have my wife do the force kill and see if that works later if she's still having issues.

OP
M

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Haha, oddly enough Angry Birds just got an update to resolve crashing issues.

Most reactions

Latest posts