What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is Apple Planning to Launch iPad 3 with 2560X1920 Display This Year?

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iwchris said:
Whatever iPad3 has or does not have it really needs Flash

I think what you mean is, you really need flash, not everyone is reliant on it, I haven't missed it once since I got my iPad. But regardless, it ain't coming on iPad 3!

The Archangel
So I take it that you have never tried to open a site, and got the message "Flash Needed"

Not once since I have had my iPad. And I do a lot of research out in the field too. At least not that I can remember!

Sonicrobby

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Gabriel1 said:
How do you figure this to be......iPad 1 is still supported?

The Archangel

For now anyway... apple is notorious for abandoning their old devices at some point; iOS 6 with the iPad 4 will probably not be supported by the original iPad.

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sonicrobby said:
For now anyway... apple is notorious for abandoning their old devices at some point; iOS 6 with the iPad 4 will probably not be supported by the original iPad.

With all due respect, most companies do the same, they have to, software moves on to the parameters set by the latest hardware, greater RAM configurations, faster processors, better graphics chips, sound cards etc, buy the latest windows and try and install on a 10 year old box and you'll quickly see what I mean.

Apple are no different to any other company that wants to stay ahead in the technology field........rather than being notorious.

The Archangel

Beryl

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'll be getting the iPad 3 whenever it is released. I do use it for video so a better display would be welcomed.

Also, my iPad's 2 yr warranty will expire in 2012 so I'd rather replace it before it does.

iforsakenu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Beryl said:
I'll be getting the iPad 3 whenever it is released. I do use it for video so a better display would be welcomed.

Also, my iPad's 2 yr warranty will expire in 2012 so I'd rather replace it before it does.

Well, the warranty is not a great reason to upgrade. Get your moneys worth from your Apple Care. IMO, iPad 3 wont be seen until next year, apple doesn't waste money and that would be a total waste of production if they brought the 3 out this quick. Either way i'll fall victim to their marketing excellence and buy it, haha Wow.

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Sonicrobby said:

I don't agree about abandoning what devices are you talking about? Keep in mind spare parts are now 5 years max not only apple but many other manufactures.

cesctheman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I do miss flash sometimes like when I goto the BBC sport site and can't watch the videos. It looks like the flash players available on the app store are buggy and not that good, unless you tell me otherwise.

iforsakenu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
cesctheman said:
I do miss flash sometimes like when I goto the BBC sport site and can't watch the videos. It looks like the flash players available on the app store are buggy and not that good, unless you tell me otherwise.

Just be patient. HTML5 will be implemented soon, as flash is outdated. I do not need flash at all, don't miss it. YouTube... I mean i understand there are flash enabled sites, but lets be honest, is this your primary means for computing? Typically iPads are a convenience luxury item with some entertaining functionality. Resort back to your main Mac/PC for flash needs if missed that much, this MHO.

iforsakenu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
tablet said:
I am not Apple FC but it's interesting gadget.

If we all try to keep up w the latest we will find ourselves in a money pit of a loop. If it fits your needs, upgrade.

Last edited by a moderator:

extendedforecast

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I would be happy if iPad3 came out so soon. If there were confirmation, I would return hubby's iPad 2 now and wait for 3 to replace it. Its got some light bleeding and a very annoying problem with the wifi radio dropping that no config or firmware will fix (apparently this is fairly common.) Honestly, while I like the tech - I'm kind of shocked at how poor the build quality/quality control issues are with iPad 2 (a MAJOR tech release.) When I return the iPad2 I'll still sit tight when iPad 3 released - at least for a few months until it is fully vetted for problems.

Usually you don't think Apple and QC problems in the same sentence - but its like a ramped up version of iPhone 4 antenna-gate. Apple is going to loose the faith of its customers. If they do offer iPad3 this year - they should offer iPad2 customers a very cheap upgrade as a mea culpa on this product.

Sent from my Android 3.1 Motorola Xoom Tablet!

danyowokbank

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iPad3 said:
A lot of rumors are saying that the iPad 2 was just a small upgrade and iPad 3 will be revolutionary. Hopefully that's true, but I guess we will wait and see. I don't think that high of a resolution is possible right now. It would need to much processing power, and kill battery life. Apple always has some trick up their sleeve though, and I can't wait to see what it is for the iPad 3.

I'm new to this. But uhhh as far as I can tell. That difference won't make too much difference as I can't tell the difference between retina display iPhone four and iPad first gen. And retina display has been out. Steve just put some stupid name in front of it to make it look new. Doing all these pixels musts wastes battery since we won't be able to see the diff soon anyway. It's a bit pointless. Unless battery tech is much improved. Alass we are all primitive and trying to make money is our plan of future. Hah

living good is having fun, living great is having no regrets.

simastudillo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thing is apple our milking there franchise sooo much, there is never a right time to jump on the bandwagon. Waiting for an IPad 3 just because you know it is possibly round the corner is ludicrous. Why don't we all just stick with our IPad 1 iterations till number 5 comes out lol

Qcrow

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Apple is making a lot of money off the iPad2 still, and if they update so fast than a lot of ipad2 buyers would be very angry. And the worst thing for a corporation is making loyal customers angry.

Most reactions

Latest posts