What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is Apple Planning to Launch iPad 3 with 2560X1920 Display This Year?

iforsakenu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
malfiboy63 said:
I heard they won't be introducing the iPad 3 this year at all for that matter.

I haven't heard much on the subject really, however I hope your absolutely correct!!! Lovin my 2:)

morgansmommy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Lizzy and proud said:
I always skip a gen like I have the IPad 1 and skipped the 2nd so now I didn't waste the $500 but I'm still caught up in technology.

So you will get the 3? See was it hard not getting the 2 tho? I'm like always wanting to have the latest tech so when the 3 comes will power will b pit to test lol

I have 1 and skipped 2. A co-worker has 2. It was not hard for me to skip because the camera feature was not that big of a draw for me. Between my phone and my actual camera, I didn't need another one.

iforsakenu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
morgansmommy said:
I have 1 and skipped 2. A co-worker has 2. It was not hard for me to skip because the camera feature was not that big of a draw for me. Between my phone and my actual camera, I didn't need another one.

Understandable, but what about the processing power and RAM upgrade? Twice as quick? And renders better? Jw...

morgansmommy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
morgansmommy said:

Understandable, but what about the processing power and RAM upgrade? Twice as quick? And renders better? Jw...

I would love to have the improved processing power and RAM but for what I use it for, it did not entice me enought to want to spring for 2. Plus, I got an awesome deal on 1 from someone who wanted to buy 2. I decided to get 1 and wait to see what happened with 3. For my needs, 1 is doing great. Now, when 3 rolls out, I may make the change because I won't want to be too far behind the new version.;)

iforsakenu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
morgansmommy said:
I would love to have the improved processing power and RAM but for what I use it for, it did not entice me enought to want to spring for 2. Plus, I got an awesome deal on 1 from someone who wanted to buy 2. I decided to get 1 and wait to see what happened with 3. For my needs, 1 is doing great. Now, when 3 rolls out, I may make the change because I won't want to be too far behind the new version.;)

I see where your coming from. And as the 2 is doing great with what I use it for I won't be getting the 3 unless its an overhaul of new features, guess we will just have to wait:/

refrainer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
this year, im afraid not, probably next year when a new chip is coming.

iwchris

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have first gen iPAD and love it, I looked at a lot of reviews and for me I don't think that there was enough difference between the 1st and 2nd gen to spend out upgrading, so will be waiting for iPad 3, but I have to say I just don't know how I got on before the iPads arrived, I use it so much now, and love it!!
Chris

Sonicrobby

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I for one am hoping that it will be released in Q4 of this year, despite it's unlikeliness. But either way I'm just anxious waiting for the September event. Then we will know the answer

iPad3

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.ipad3-release.com
I have first gen iPAD and love it, I looked at a lot of reviews and for me I don't think that there was enough difference between the 1st and 2nd gen to spend out upgrading, so will be waiting for iPad 3, but I have to say I just don't know how I got on before the iPads arrived, I use it so much now, and love it!!
Chris

A lot of rumors are saying that the iPad 2 was just a small upgrade and iPad 3 will be revolutionary. Hopefully that's true, but I guess we will wait and see. I don't think that high of a resolution is possible right now. It would need to much processing power, and kill battery life. Apple always has some trick up their sleeve though, and I can't wait to see what it is for the iPad 3.

Most reactions