What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 3 to launch in December and iPhone 5 Set to Launch Second Week in September?

Maura

iPadForums News Team
Reaction score
[FONT=&quot]
iPad_3_dock_connector.JPG
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]According to a report on MacRumors today, The China Times has said that Apple will be releasing the iPhone 5 in the second week of September 2011, with a first order run of 4 million units. The China Times adds that Apple’s suppliers are at the moment readying 400,000 trial run phones prior to the launch. Many recent reports emanating from Apple’s supply chain have been indicating a mid-September release for the iPhone 5, so all we’re really waiting for now is the official announcement from Apple. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]The second part of this story on MacRumors may well surprise some people though, as it talks in a very matter-of-fact way about the iPad 3’s release being delayed until after the Thanksgiving holiday in the US this year because of issues with component shortages, which would mean a possible late November, early December release date. I know that there are still many sceptics out there who don’t see how Apple could possibly release two iPads in the same year, but it’s starting to look more and more likely that this is indeed exactly what it plans to do.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Source: [/FONT][FONT=&quot]iPhone 5 Launching in Second Week of September? iPad 3 Later? - Mac Rumors[/FONT]

benkj14

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I would be pritty annoyed if they dont even allow a year between ipads.

Destroyer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iphone we know for sure but not until iOS5 is ready..!! ipad jezzz Apple don't be greedy!

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Sigil

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I didn't upgrade to the iPad 2, because I was told I thought Apple might reduce the release time between two and three. I don't think it is about greed. They do not want the current iPad to ever be considered equal or less than the competing tablets. So, I would say it is more about momentum.

benkj14

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Gabriel1 said:
Why, don't you like your iPad?

The Archangel

Yes but I would like at least a year without smug friends of mine going oh is that the iPad 2... I have the 3...

Confucious

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
blog.iphone-dev.org
MacRumours is exactly that - rumours. And there are a lot of them.

Personally, I would be very surprised if another iPad isn't released along with the iPhone 5 in September.

Sintaku

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Gabriel1 said:
Why, don't you like your iPad?

The Archangel

Yes but I would like at least a year without smug friends of mine going oh is that the iPad 2... I have the 3...

Well, I wonder if the iPad 3 will be jailbreakable. Because of the online verification and OTA updates, seems like Jailbreaking is going to get tougher and tougher with iOS 5.

Confucious

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
blog.iphone-dev.org
Well, I wonder if the iPad 3 will be jailbreakable. Because of the online verification and OTA updates, seems like Jailbreaking is going to get tougher and tougher with iOS 5.

The iPad3 will be very similar to the 2 in terms of JailBreaking is my guess.

Sintaku

iPF Noob
Reaction score

The iPad3 will be very similar to the 2 in terms of JailBreaking is my guess.

Even if the block the PDF bug and they might not allow any non-OTA updates which would make things a lot tougher.

Currently my iPad 2 is only jailbreakable on 4.3.3 and I can't upgrade to anything higher, which makes me sad. It would be annoying if I couldn't have a jailbreak on 5.0 even on the iPad 2!

Kevinsullivan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
With the iPad being so popular, I feel like their going to release it in December so they have enough made to meet the demand. Remember, September is around Christmas time and I feel that will not be able to keep up with the rush if they release it then.

santdriver

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm a spe. ed. teacher and I wrote a grant for 3 iPads. Apple makes the school districts sign some kind of agreement with them. My system doesn't seem to want to get into all that. We were able to find two. Now I've been trying since April to buy the 3rd one and can't catch anyone with them instock. We're in the Tuscaloosa, Alabama area. Would love it if Apple would make enough of them to supply the demand. Any suggestions?

Sintaku

iPF Noob
Reaction score
With the iPad being so popular, I feel like their going to release it in December so they have enough made to meet the demand. Remember, September is around Christmas time and I feel that will not be able to keep up with the rush if they release it then.

I'm not sure a bi-annual realise might happen, some countries still have iPad 2 shortages and selling an iPad 3 too early might result in lost iPad 2 sales. Also I'm sure some iPad 2 owners would be annoyed if another iPad came out this year.

But we will see how this plays out.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm a spe. ed. teacher and I wrote a grant for 3 iPads. Apple makes the school districts sign some kind of agreement with them. My system doesn't seem to want to get into all that. We were able to find two. Now I've been trying since April to buy the 3rd one and can't catch anyone with them instock. We're in the Tuscaloosa, Alabama area. Would love it if Apple would make enough of them to supply the demand. Any suggestions?

Do you a Best Buy in the neighbourhood. Several Members have reported that they seem to have ample stock.

Tim

Chello

iPF Noob
Reaction score
santdriver said:

I don't get it; everywhere online I'm reading that everyone is out of stock on iPads but both of my local best buys are packed to the peak with iPads, and I think it would suck if apple released the iPad 3 next month because I just bought my iPad 2 like not even a week ago and to be honest I don't want to have to pay $541.50 again

Most reactions