What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Rumours Surface of iPad 3 Launch in October

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Aa1

iPF Novice
Reaction score
thewitt said:
Sure, and an optional 10" display, expanding to 19" by simply pulling on opposite corners at the same time...

Hahaha

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Aa1

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I feel like an iPad snob now.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

PR

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am glad I read this. I am thinking of adding a second iPad but I can certainly wait until next month for a press release or to see if more rumors come out between now and then.

petermillard

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Maybe an iPad mini is in the works to compete with smaller tablets. Just a thought tho. No real facts to base this. Who knows it might be an iPad lite, cheaper but with less features. Not something apple usually does but considering the iPod line, wouldn't be too far fetched

I don't think we'll see an all-new iPad this year - iPad 2 HD with a retina display perhaps, if they could get the screens to cost out at a decent volume, but more likely in spring 2012 IHMO.

Don't think we'll ever see an 'iPad Mini', but my money would be on an 'iPod Touch Plus' - say a ~5.5" diagonal on a 4:3 screen running at 1024 x 768 (sound familiar??) would give ~250 ppi - probably enough to be called a 'retina display' at the appropriate viewing distance.

Anyway, it's all speculation - fun though ;)

Cheers, Pete

AvaMoore

iPF Noob
Reaction score
idave23 said:
This guy makes a case for it not coming out until around this time next year.
iPad 3? Not By Christmas Time -- InformationWeekiPad 3? Not By Christmas Time - hardware Blog

Very interesting article, seems like Apple partnering up with competition is causing no end of problems. This article fits nicely in line with another topic on the notice board, regarding Market share of the competitors. If Samsung are building components for Apple and they still can't make significant impact in the Market, then surely if Apple used other sources, Samsung would be even more in the dark and be hopeless when the next quarters figures are released.

Sent from my iPad 2 16Gb 3G using iPF

dfweyer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
People need to start planning their Xmas purchases...Apple better get the iPad (and iPhone) announced soon since they already missed out on Back To School!

Most reactions

Latest posts