What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPod sorting

crashingdoors

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a musical score on my iPad and it sorts each track by the individual artist. Is there any way to get it to keep the entire album together? I have another MP3 player, and that player (when in the "artist" view) sorts by "album artist" rather than by each individual artist.

This annoys me because instead of having all the songs in one place, they're just scattered all throughout the playlist. Even though it is techinically 12 different artists, I only have 1 song by each of them. Minor gripe I suppose, and I could just rename the artist to something generic ("Various Artists") but I figured there might be something I can check/uncheck (either in iTunes or on the iPod settings in my iPad) that I've just not noticing. Thanks for any help.

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I would like to know as well. I prefer songs are sorted by song name and not artist, so slightly different but basically the same issue.

Most reactions

Latest posts