What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPadOS 15.0 (19A346) quirks and possible censorship done by Apple

Linux

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,

when reporting iPadOS 15.0 annoyances at Official Apple Support Community my post was deleted "because it contained either feedback or a feature request that was not constructive". Actually I described issues in a quite decent way, so I was surprised that it was deleted for the given reason. Taking a closer look at other posts related to the latest update, it is claimed that several posts of other were removed, too. I wonder if those deletions were exceptional cases or if Apple systematically removes user feedback for no good reason. Are or aren't you experiencing deletions, too? Are you pleased with iPadOS 15.0?

Regards,
Ralf

Aerofly

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hi,

when reporting iPadOS 15.0 annoyances at Official Apple Support Community my post was deleted "because it contained either feedback or a feature request that was not constructive". Actually I described issues in a quite decent way, so I was surprised that it was deleted for the given reason. Taking a closer look at other posts related to the latest update, it is claimed that several posts of other were removed, too. I wonder if those deletions were exceptional cases or if Apple systematically removes user feedback for no good reason. Are or aren't you experiencing deletions, too? Are you pleased with iPadOS 15.0?

Regards,
Ralf

Perhaps if you were to post here what you had deleted we may be able to work out between us why they removed it !

OP
L

Linux

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,

for the iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (3rd generation) MTFR2FD/A landscape orientation with large app icons resulted in 5 rows, 4 lines on iPadOS 14.8 (18H17) and earlier versions. On iPadOS 15.0 (19A346) it became 6 rows and probably more than 4 lines. For my professional workflow I sorted apps to fit to the predefined 5 rows, 4 lines. Increasing by 1 additional row renders the meaningful sorting useless. I asked Apple to either allow users to keep the first or last row empty or to remove the sixth row, since sorting tons of professional apps from different domains to provide a meaningful sorting for an intuitive workflow takes weeks and it takes way more than just weeks to get used to a new sorting.

I also asked Apple in the future to refrain from adding new features to the home screen, without the user's permission. For iPadOS 15.0 the feature are widgets add to the home screen automagically, providing nothing that is useful to me, it's just another annoyance to remove the widgets.

I used the same tone of voice as I'm using here.

Other experienced the same, see iOS 15 Homekit broken - Apple Community :

"Sep 21, 2021 10:49 AM in response to [snip]

also this forum dies not seem to be up to date. I received email on a reply but it does not show here."

" Sep 21, 2021 11:17 AM in response to [snip]

They keep deleting replies of people who experiences it. Not sure why.

I'll just make my reply short: it is happening to me as well and it is really a huge bug for all my automations."

However, I still wonder if other experience deletions, too and I like to know, if other run into issues with iPadOS 15.0, too.
I'm not that much interested in apps that aren't 15.0 ready yet, but in annoyances caused by the operating system, changes that gain absolutely nothing, as adding an additional app icon row when using large desktop icons.

Regards,
Ralf

Most reactions

Latest posts