What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipaditis

ipfuser55

iPF Noob
Reaction score
We could all end up unable to use anything that won't except gestures :)

Sent from my iPad using iPF

DrHouse

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.ws4dl.org
I just can't stand the booting time on my laptop now... I was sure there was a problem the other day, so I started investigating. This is an Ubuntu laptop, so it's pretty easy to get deep into the booting process... Anyway, after an hour, I decide to time the booting process: 35 seconds, up to my desktop ready to work. So used to instant on, everything feels so slow now...

VicoPad addict!

ipfuser55

iPF Noob
Reaction score
DrHouse said:
I just can't stand the booting time on my laptop now... I was sure there was a problem the other day, so I started investigating. This is an Ubuntu laptop, so it's pretty easy to get deep into the booting process... Anyway, after an hour, I decide to time the booting process: 35 seconds, up to my desktop ready to work. So used to instant on, everything feels so slow now...

VicoPad addict!

So true! I was using my laptop last night, super fast quad core 64 bit os Etc. Etc. It just felt so slow. And it's a 17" so it's damn heavy too! :)

DrHouse

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.ws4dl.org
Vintage90 said:
So true! I was using my laptop last night, super fast quad core 64 bit os Etc. Etc. It just felt so slow. And it's a 17" so it's damn heavy too! :)

You're right, almost dropped my laptop the other day cause I held it with one hand like I had my iPad with me...

Another thing scaring me now: I have the iPad and iPhone, so whenever I hear a notification sound in a tv show, a movie or any sound that feels like a notification from an iOS device, I just go crazy trying to find out which device notified me...

Also, when I write on the laptop, I tend to wait for it to popup a suggestion on a spelling mistake...

VicoPad addict!

ipfuser55

iPF Noob
Reaction score
DrHouse said:
You're right, almost dropped my laptop the other day cause I held it with one hand like I had my iPad with me...

Another thing scaring me now: I have the iPad and iPhone, so whenever I hear a notification sound in a tv show, a movie or any sound that feels like a notification from an iOS device, I just go crazy trying to find out which device notified me...

Also, when I write on the laptop, I tend to wait for it to popup a suggestion on a spelling mistake...

VicoPad addict!

:)

Jeeper

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have all of these symptoms! I have a doctors appt. on Tuesday, I'll see if there's a cure for us all! :)

ipfuser55

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Jeeper said:
I have all of these symptoms! I have a doctors appt. on Tuesday, I'll see if there's a cure for us all! :)

We will await the outcome to see if it's curable :) I doubt it though!

MadChef

iPF Novice
Reaction score
After I got my iPad I had not used my laptop for a couple of weeks. I brought it out to do all the updates and after that was done I was doing some browsing. I swiped the screen and nothing happened! Then it went off in the brain this is your laptop stupid. I had a good laugh.
When I saw the thread today I see I'm not the only one.
I am now cured.

Sbh87

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No question I have ipaditis. It actually started when I got my iPhone 4 a year ago and I still had my blackberry for a few days and when I needed to use my BB for something I would touch the screen and get really frustrated when it would not respond. It does not affect me when I got on my laptop which is not that often, I really only go on it to back up my iphone and ipad.

kustard

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My mum got a new netbook the other day to use as a secondary device with a hardrive and when she was setting it up she tried to touch the screen to click 'next' .

I haven't had that problem with my laptop or my phone but that's probably because it's an iPhone 

Most reactions

Latest posts