What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad3 battery in iPad2 possible?

Alex84

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi All

So the new iPad "3" looks nice. However i don't find a need to change my already great iPad2 for it, i will wait for next version.
What i do wonder is, could i change my iPad2 battery for an iPad3 battery going from 25w /h to 42w /h those give my iPad2 extreme battery life ?

Any suggestions is welcomed :)

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Not a chance Alex84.

Apple massively increased the capacity, but they didn't invent a new technology to squeeze it into the same space! (imagine if they did!).

The new one measures about 125 x 65 x 4 mm. The battery in the iPad 2 measure 108 x 63 x 2.7mm, so the iPad3 is about 70% percent bigger! You ain't squeezing that into an iPad2 any time soon!

OP
A

Alex84

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Damn :(
I was hoping i could get super battery life by picking upp only the ipad3 battery lol...

thanks for you answer :)

csng

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Not a chance Alex84.

Apple massively increased the capacity, but they didn't invent a new technology to squeeze it into the same space! (imagine if they did!).

The new one measures about 125 x 65 x 4 mm. The battery in the iPad 2 measure 108 x 63 x 2.7mm, so the iPad3 is about 70% percent bigger! You ain't squeezing that into an iPad2 any time soon!
Any chance of replacing the back casing of the ipad 2 with the Ipad 3 so that the battery can fit in?

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Any chance of replacing the back casing of the ipad 2 with the Ipad 3 so that the battery can fit in?

It would be cheaper just to buy an iPad 3 than to try and redesign the iPad 2 to accept the larger battery of the iPad 3.

Most reactions

Latest posts