What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bluetooth accessories and battery life

soullessbunny

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What sort of effect does Bluetooth accessories have on the ipad2 battery? I’m looking at getting a new case with integrated bt keyboard as I use my Ipad constantly at work. Most days I don’t get below 75% battery life, and I’m sure that once I have Bluetooth turned on this will change significantly.

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What sort of effect does Bluetooth accessories have on the ipad2 battery? I’m looking at getting a new case with integrated bt keyboard as I use my Ipad constantly at work. Most days I don’t get below 75% battery life, and I’m sure that once I have Bluetooth turned on this will change significantly.
I often use Apple's BT Keyboard with my iPad and have never noticed any difference in battery life. The keyboard has it's own battery of course. BT doesn't appear to have much draw on the iPad's battery.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'd agree entirely with Rich - the effect is negligible. I use a BT keyboard all day and still get a full ten hours battery life.

Tim

OP
soullessbunny

soullessbunny

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Good to know, thank you. The reason I asked was I have a Nokia phone, and when I keep the bluetooth turned on (bluetooth headset) it drains my battery. My recharging goes from once a week to once a day, so there is a significant difference.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Do you mean Bluetooth turned on for your headset and making calls? Or just in standby?

Tim

OP
soullessbunny

soullessbunny

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That's with the bluetooth turned on 24/7, linked to my headset, and using my phone all day at work.

Most reactions