What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad2 keyboard trouble

lampshade

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I find that often the iPad keyboard disappears. I have a Bluetooth keyboard that I use periodically, but really like the keyboard that is on the screen. Often, the keyboard just disappears and the only way I can get it back is to reboot the IPad - that seems silly. I had it in the Apple store and the issue confounded the guy working there and said, "just reboot it." Is there any thing I am missing - anything I should click on to make the keyboard reappear? Thanks for any help.

staticmap

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's usually disappears because the Bluetooth keyboard is active. When the iPad detects a Bluetooth keyboard, it automatically hides the on-screen keyboard. Check to be certain that your BT keyboard is switched off.

Tim

Lizlafeliz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Maybe not completely about the bluetooth

I don't have an external keyboard to interfere, and still have trouble getting the screen keyboard to pop up unless I re-boot, so, any way to fix this issue besides always re-booting??

carlosarias1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Try a restore! Probably a conflict within the os! Do u have ios5? I have an ipad 1 and havent encounter such problems, try and reinstal the ios5 again!

Most reactions