What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Virtual keyboard gets in the way

spydah01

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm helping a friend who has just acquired an iPad Mini with a Bluetooth keyboard attached. However the on-screen keyboard keeps popping up and getting in the way of whatever I'm trying to do. If I touch the button near the bottom RH corner to get it to disappear, it generally does, but then it usually reappears a few moments later.
At first I thought it may be caused by the physical keyboard's battery not being fully charged, so I've recharged it, but the problem remains.
How can I get iOS to keep the on-screen keyboard out of the way whenever the Bluetooth keyboard is connected? The system is recognising the external keyboard, so I am able to use it.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Have you tried going to Settings>Bluetooth and tapping the i icon next to the keyboard entry in the list of paired devices. From there, forget the keyboard and then re-pair it. This has worked for others.

OP
S

spydah01

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks, scifan57, I'll give it a try when I see her next Tuesday. I'm not all that optimistic, as I had to re-establish the Bluetooth connection anyway after I recharged the keyboard. Watch this space.

Spydah

Most reactions