What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad through Court Security? Hot Car?

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Lately I have found myself not wanting to leave my iPad in my hot car if I need to. It is like 100 here. Would you?

Also ~

What about court security where we put all of our things through the xray thing...I think that is what it is!

Does that hurt it?

henry2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
no it just like the ones they use at the airport or you can leave it at home if you have to ..got the jury summons did we.. i watch a guy get stabbed across the street where i where standing talking with the office mgn of my place when the guy across the street was stabbed and the guy who did it took off.. he wanted to go to trial over the stabbing and we had to sit in the courtroom and wait to be called to go and tell what happened ..i bought my ipad with me and it made te time go faster in the place .. ..

which courthouse are going into ..ask them to handle it personaly and see if them will look at without going through the xray machine set up ..

muyoso

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you have to leave it in your car, the trunk is probably the coolest place. Also, if you turned it off and wrapped it in a small blanket in the trunk, it probably wouldn't even rise more than a couple degrees. I dont know how often you have to leave it in your car, but if its a lot, might think about keeping a small blanket or something else to insulate it from the hot sun while you are gone.

henry2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
the same day i went to court as the witness in the one case and the same day i got the jury summons for a county ..:D:Di went to the jury duty summons and was let go by the local d.a after he saw me in the room ..he told i had enough of the county court this month was let go ..

epb

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The safe temperature range is in the user's guide, which I don't have with me as I write this; I want to say it's something like 105-degrees.

As for x-ray, it's perfectly safe.

Sonny Burnett

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Lately I have found myself not wanting to leave my iPad in my hot car if I need to. It is like 100 here. Would you?

Also ~

What about court security where we put all of our things through the xray thing...I think that is what it is!

Does that hurt it?

Leave it in the trunk instead of the passenger compartment.

CaptKirk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yup,, leave it locked in the trunk away from prying eyes and make sure it's turned off, should be o.k. As far as using it in the hot heat,, you will see an overheat warning if it gets too hot.. If you do, turn it off and let it cool down. It will more then likely overheat if you use it outdoors in the heat..

Patspad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm in Florida and go into courthouses also. I take it with me and show it to the guards who, so far, haven't made me put it through the scanner. I'd be ok with doing it, though. It's too hot to leave ot in the car. I'd be afraid the glass would crack.

OP
SweetPoison

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
As far as using it in the hot heat,,

Never happen. You would never find ME in the hot heat, much less my ipad! But don't you think that the trunk gets hotter?

I just can't leave it anywhere, it would seem. I worry too much! I sure used it so much out in the field that last two days!

I love that thing.

OP
SweetPoison

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The safe temperature range is in the user's guide, which I don't have with me as I write this; I want to say it's something like 105-degrees.

As for x-ray, it's perfectly safe.

Good to know, thanks! I never got a user guide! How come you did?

Most reactions

Latest posts