What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Weather too hot for iPad?

HTMLEgg

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
htmlegg.aidaluu.com
Hi,

A couple weeks ago, it was really hot out side (35 degree or so), I was out with my iPhone and the a msg popped up on the screen saying the phone's temperature was too hot and it needed to cool down.

It's just as hot today, I'm thinking about taking my iPad outside to the park. But not sure if it can handle the heat. Has anyone encountered similar issues?

Munky

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes, I have a custom mount I built in my convertible for my iPad and was out with the top down and the iPad shut down because it got too hot.

TheX

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I suppose like any electronic device it would be prone to overheating. Just try to avoid letting it bake in the sun and it should be okay.

Sent from my iPad2 using iPF

Lovespicyfood

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wow, that must be hot. Unlike my laptop, I can never feel heat coming from My Ipad 2 itself. I suppose that is part of the reason why it has a 10 hour battery life, because it's pretty efficient.

Of course, it makes sense that all electronic devices are prone to heat at some point in time unless designed specifically to combat it...

Hettybetty

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,

A couple weeks ago, it was really hot out side (35 degree or so), I was out with my iPhone and the a msg popped up on the screen saying the phone's temperature was too hot and it needed to cool down.

It's just as hot today, I'm thinking about taking my iPad outside to the park. But not sure if it can handle the heat. Has anyone encountered similar issues?
You could try sitting on the shade?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
"Use iOS devices where the ambient temperature is between 0º and 35º C (32º to 95º F). Low- or high-temperature conditions might cause the device to change its behavior to regulate its temperature. Using an iOS device in very cold conditions outside of its operating range may temporarily shorten battery life and could cause the device to turn off. Battery life will return to normal when the device is brought back to higher ambient temperatures." -- http://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201678

Hold in mind that direct sunlight can up the stakes and cause an overtemp warning at lower ambient tempratures.

Hettybetty

iPF Noob
Reaction score
"Use iOS devices where the ambient temperature is between 0º and 35º C (32º to 95º F). Low- or high-temperature conditions might cause the device to change its behavior to regulate its temperature. Using an iOS device in very cold conditions outside of its operating range may temporarily shorten battery life and could cause the device to turn off. Battery life will return to normal when the device is brought back to higher ambient temperatures." -- http://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201678

Hold in mind that direct sunlight can up the stakes and cause an overtemp warning at lower ambient tempratures.
Yes I guessed something like that; I was just kidding around

Most reactions

Latest posts